Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

So camera guys, what are you shooting these days?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I had a camera I'd be wholly confused about what to capture an image of.
    - The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule it. - H.L. Mencken

Citizens and Residents Of The United States and U.S Persons - USA PATRIOT Act Notice: You are hereby notified that under the provisions of the USA PATRIOT Act, you may be placed under electronic surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site by intelligence or law enforcement agencies at any time or for any purpose for which they may deem fit, without your knowledge or permission and without the order or supervision of any court of law. As the provisions of the Act strictly prohibit, with fines and imprisonment, the managers of this site from disclosing such surveillance should it become known to us, you should assume that you are under surveillance while viewing this or any other similar web site, electronic mail or any other form of electronic communication related thereto.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunno View Post
      If I had a camera I'd be wholly confused about what to capture an image of.
      The beauty of digital photography is that you don't have to decide. Just shoot everything and keep what you like.
      "Gimme a Pigfoot and a Bottle of Beer"

Comment

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe View Post
        And from the 72mm Apo...

The North American nebula in Cygnus - this was taken with a H-a (Hydrogen Alpha) filter.

Click image for larger version

Name:	North American Nebula  Stack_10frames_80s copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	461.1 KB
ID:	32519028

The Double Cluster in Perseus... two open clusters in close proximity.

Name:	Double Cluster  Stack_11frames_44s copy.jpg
Size:	500.9 KB
ID:	32519029

And M31 (along with its satellite galaxies M32 and M110) - a galaxy trio in Andromeda.

Name:	M31 M32 and M110 Stack_11frames_44s copy.jpg
Size:	617.9 KB
ID:	32519030

HOly crap that is cool!! I would love to get into that kind of gig. I recently figured out how to take a good photo of the moon... but how exciting it that!?

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin' Bob View Post
          Thanks Keetee! It's small enough now but the site doesn't like the dimensions. Tell you what - if you guys want to see some of my photos, PM me and I'll steer you to my Face Book page. There are some of my "art" photos there
          imgur.com is a painless way to upload photos and you can easily resize them there too. You don't need an account but it you choose to create an account you can store dozens of photos there for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Tweedbucket View Post

HOly crap that is cool!!
            Thank you.

I would love to get into that kind of gig. I recently figured out how to take a good photo of the moon... but how exciting it that!?
            Actually very cool! I still struggle with moon photos sometimes.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
            - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."
            - Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."
            - Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Thank you.

It seemed to be about shooting manual on a tripod of course and not over exposing it. I got some really nice surface detail with all the dark spots and craters. I forget my settings, but have the photo at home. I can pull up the EXIF data. Maybe I'll post it later on. I would think a whole galaxy would be more of a challenge.

Comment

It seemed to be about shooting manual on a tripod of course and not over exposing it. I got some really nice surface detail with all the dark spots and craters. I forget my settings, but have the photo at home. I can pull up the EXIF data. Maybe I'll post it later on. I would think a whole galaxy would be more of a challenge.
                In some ways it is, but I still struggle a bit with the color balance on some of my moon photos.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."
                - George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

Comment

through the screen with a Nikon 7500
                  To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                    through the screen with a Nikon 7500
                    Very nice!

My daily bicycle ride takes me through an area that is popular with bird watchers.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by williegoat; 05-21-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Nice shot of that wingspread vulture, williegoat.
                      You got pelicans in AZ?
                      To you I'm an atheist; but to God, I'm the Loyal Opposition.

Originally posted by -NPC-;n32500008

Trump is not creepy. He is lovable and charming.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueGnome View Post
                        Nice shot of that wingspread vulture, williegoat.
                        You got pelicans in AZ?
                        There are some ponds about five miles west of me that are a springtime breeding ground for the American White Pelican. In wingspan, they are second only to the California Condor in North America. The "horn" that you see on top of their beaks is just like a red Corvette to a lady pelican and is only present during mating season.

That area has Bald Eagles, Osprey and several varieties of hawks, herons and egrets.

Comment

Originally posted by williegoat View Post
                          There are some ponds about five miles west of me that are a springtime breeding ground for the American White Pelican. In wingspan, they are second only to the California Condor in North America. The "horn" that you see on top of their beaks is just like a red Corvette to a lady pelican and is only present during mating season.

That area has Bald Eagles, Osprey and several varieties of hawks, herons and egrets.
                          Birds are challenging, they move so fast you have to have a camera that locks on and tracks them well. The D7500 is a good piece.

Comment

Birds are challenging, they move so fast you have to have a camera that locks on and tracks them well. The D7500 is a good piece.
                            With my old D60, I go to shutter priority and manual focus.
                            The pelicans are @ 1/1250s f5.6 200mm
                            Last edited by williegoat; 05-21-2019, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Thank you.

you ever take a selfie on the moon?

Comment

Originally posted by nice keetee View Post

you ever take a selfie on the moon?
                                No, but I've taken a selfie of... nevermind.

- George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X