Going to NAMM?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to NAMM?

DM, are you going?
    NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Nope, going back to working 8-5 next Monday, so NAMM is off [again] this year. Actually, I was going to pass on it anyway...nothing I felt compelled to look at this year.
    And, I don't know if HC would even pay to send me a ticket this year considering all the Gibson issues...not that I can't get tickets elsewhere....but not for free...
    Last edited by daddymack; 01-11-2019, 02:47 PM.
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Which Gibson issues do you mean?
      NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

Comment

like bankruptcy...
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Oh........right!...................dang.

The Bankruptcy, I forgot. Took out a bunch'a loans and issued bonds, with due dates on everything at the same time. However, I see on the inner web they are emerging from bankruptcy now. The CEO who got them in the debt mess is fired and losing most of his equity.

Gibson needs to have some new ideas about surviving - maybe they should start to make a lot of pointy guitars to sell to wanna-be shredders! Or maybe get into electric steel pans!

Really, I wish the best to Gibson and hope they and continue to make great guitars!
          Last edited by Smilin' Bob; 01-11-2019, 11:56 PM.

Comment

so do I, or I will be out of a job... [albeit one that pays nothing financially]

Comment

'Nam ended when I was 17 so I didn't have to go.
              I not only resent the allegation, I resent the alligator!

Comment

I was old enough...being 4f after the last draft lottery [#38] kept me here...

Comment

I was a Cold Warrior in Germany before Viet Nam. Thank God.

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin' Bob View Post
                    I was a Cold Warrior in Germany before Viet Nam. Thank God.
                    M14? Pre-poodleshooter days?

Had an uncle (RIP) who caught the tail end of Korea, then Germany for a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post

M14? Pre-poodleshooter days?

Indeed, a fine weapon, the M14. Chrome-lined barrel so it never rusted! Lighter than an M1. Easy to point, not too much recoil. It could be made to fire full auto, but it wanted to climb too much, so when the Army went from training people to aim at targets to massed saturated suppressive fire, the M14 wasn't what they wanted, hence the poodleshootin' M16, etc.

I have always said that if I hit the lottery one of the first toys I'd get would be a match grade M14. Better win the lotto soon, or I'll be too old to shoot the damned thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Danocoustic View Post
                        'Nam ended when I was 17 so I didn't have to go.
                        Same here. The Prez saved my life on that one.
                        Originally posted by MrKnobs
                        God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Smilin' Bob View Post

Indeed, a fine weapon, the M14. Chrome-lined barrel so it never rusted! Lighter than an M1. Easy to point, not too much recoil. It could be made to fire full auto, but it wanted to climb too much, so when the Army went from training people to aim at targets to massed saturated suppressive fire, the M14 wasn't what they wanted, hence the poodleshootin' M16, etc.

I have always said that if I hit the lottery one of the first toys I'd get would be a match grade M14. Better win the lotto soon, or I'll be too old to shoot the damned thing.
                          I have two. They're both Springfield Armory M1As, but for all "intensive purposes", they're M14s.

One is pretty much a rack-grade early 'Nam issue battle rifle. Walnut furniture, standard everything. Spfld receiver, mixed contractor parts. It shoots 1.5MOA @ 400 yards. Damned good rifle.

The other is a National Match rifle set up for competing at Camp Perry. Whiz bang everything. With the right ammo and a steady DanO, this thing has produced .75MOA groups @ 600 yards. What more could one ask?

I'd love to build one in a chassis in 6.5Creedmore. But I don't see that happening.

Comment

Working...
                          X