No announcement yet.

Always the last place you look...

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Always the last place you look...

From AARP..typically I find their articles to be pretty useless, but this one kind of made sense...

http://www.aarp.org/health/brain-hea...U02TUiy42xyoU=
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Makes sense. I've found great results with the following:

1) It's where you first looked, but under/behind something
    2) It's in your purse

Comment

"I need my glasses to find my glasses!" my mother 1989
      "I need the other pair of glasses to find my regular pair of glasses" my mother 1995
      Last edited by daddymack; 03-17-2017, 01:03 PM.
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

Of course it's the last place you look - once you find it you stop looking.

I usually stumble on something I've not been able to find when I'm looking for something else. Now, if I can't find something, I deliberately look for something else.
        "Isn't it a pity, isn't it a shame,
        how we break each other's hearts
        and cause each other pain"

Comment

Originally posted by onelife View Post
          Of course it's the last place you look - once you find it you stop looking.

I usually stumble on something I've not been able to find when I'm looking for something else. Now, if I can't find something, I deliberately look for something else.
          you have obviously underestimated how much stubbornness i can muster, sir....
          Originally posted by isaac42;n32240445

Voltan is correct.

Comment

It's in the last place you look because when you find it you stop looking.

edit: Those 3 posts above were not there when I typed that in. Makes me look like a drone. Damn the slow internet speed here in the sticks.
            Last edited by perfect5th; 03-18-2017, 04:25 PM.

Comment

I normally have the ability to know where all my many things are, but I've had this little game going on with a little diamond sharpening stone for about 15 years. For some reason it has spent about 99% of its life lost. Every time I stumble upon it I lose it again for a few years. I've never been able to find it when I need it.

Comment

I usually backtrack and it either turns up or it doesn't. I've bought half a dozen pocket knives because I lose the darn things and can't find them. We have a table in the hall outside the bathroom and the other night I couldn't find my cell phone. Sure enough, it was on the hall table. I still don't remember putting it there. A few years ago I tore the house apart and drove miles to different places trying to find my cell phone. Spent a couple of hours. It was in the back yard. I'd gone out there to drag the dog inside when she wouldn't come in and it must've come off my belt.
                Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                Member of the Schecter Society
                Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

A place for everything, and everything misplaced...my words to live by.

Comment

I usually lose tools because of all the clutter. As a result, I have 22 of some things.
                    Originally posted by MrKnobs
                    God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

Working...
                    X