Five Feet High and Risen

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Feet High and Risen

It's more than 5 ft here, or it was before it started to recede

Hurricane Mathew made a visit to Northeaster North Carolina last Saturday night and dropped around 14 inches of rain on our area. I made out fine but a lot of others didn't fair so well , Mathew won't be soon forgotten. Here's a few links that show some the flooded areas.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2016...900#fullscreen

http://wncn.com/2016/10/12/19-storm-...-mccrory-says/

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

HAPPY!!!!
    Glad you are okay...still wondering about Swampy and few other of you wrong coast people...stay dry and move all your valuables above the waterline...
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Thanks DM, Yea I forgot about Swampy. He was in the path too. I hope he made it unscaved .

Unfortunately we lost some equipment that was in a storage unit.

G.B.#275

OK We'll close down the business,have the manager shot,and give you back all your money.will that make you happy?

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

gear is easier to replace than people...do you have flood insurance?
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

no he didn't, The real wood cabs will be OK,The others are toast All the power amps were in cases and took no water so they are OK We are wondering if the speakers when dried out will be any good. We suspect not.

G.B.#275

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

the paper cones will likely not retain their character if they were soaked.

Comment

Originally posted by daddymack View Post
              the paper cones will likely not retain their character if they were soaked.
              hopefully a couple of paper cones will survive
              better yet you're alive

Comment

Glad to hear you survived. Mojo coming your way.
                Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
                Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
                Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
                Member of the Schecter Society
                Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

scary climate more confusion
                  a decent harvest here luck
                  Last edited by nice keetee; 10-17-2016, 12:19 AM.

Comment

We made it without too much aggravation. We're still recovering from last October's flood. Fortunately, the new house just lost a few trees. There's a couple more I have to get taken down before they fall on my shop. The old house got flooded again. If I had rebuilt and stayed there, I'd have been really pissed. We lost power for five days, but I learned from the ice storm and flood of recent years. The generator was ready to go, so we kept the refrigerator and freezer going and had a few lamps burning. It's amazing how much difference a lamp vs. candles makes. My daughter's house a little further north in Florence caught a big tree and sustained a good bit of damage. She and her family moved in with us yesterday. It's been a long time since there was a toddler in the house.We're just glad to have all made it through safely. There were some who didn't. There's still a lot of cleanup to be done, but it could have been a lot worse. I just hope we don't have a catastrophic weather event EVERY October. I'm ready for a break.
                    Last edited by SwampMusic; 10-18-2016, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Glad you and yours came through without too much personal loss...sadly, there are always some people who refuse to prepare, or react appropriately to these types of disasters.
                      I was thinking about how your axes got soaked last year...

Comment

Thanks, DM. As our other guitarist's illness has progressed, I bought him out of our PA. That pretty much took care of the amp and axe repair money. They did get dried out and at least a superficial cleaning, but that was as far as I got. Maybe one of these days. I just try to remind myself to be grateful for the blessings I have.

Comment

• daddymack
                          daddymack commented
                          Editing a comment
                          amen to that!

Thanks for reporting in Swampy and I'm glad to hear you are alright. Things here are slowly getting back to normal for most of us in this area.

G.B.#275

The Hot Rod Owner's Club

Comment

Working...
                        X