No announcement yet.

Look at this guy play!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doc Wilson
    Hey, let me in on this BB thing. I've been waiting for a polite way to say that I can't understand you guys' reverence for blues antiquity. To me, electric guitar technique only began with Hendrix, everything before was just plinking around (gross overstatement but there is more than a grain of truth there).

Comment

Originally posted by bob-ingram
      BB King can say more with one note than this guy........

Guys like this always amaze me, the physical ability is amazing, but the musical applications are almost 0. Can you imaging jamming with him?

+1

Comment

the physical ability is amazing, but the musical applications are almost 0. Can you imaging jamming with him?

Lol! My feelings exactly....... I can appreciate the time he spent learning that, but can he play anything??

Comment

Hey, let me in on this BB thing. I've been waiting for a polite way to say that I can't understand you guys' reverence for blues antiquity. To me, electric guitar technique only began with Hendrix, everything before was just plinking around (gross overstatement but there is more than a grain of truth there).

Django , Charlie Christian, Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, Herb Ellis, George Benson, Albert King etc. etc. were just plinking around??

Comment

T-Bone Walker was the man. Since then nothing has really happened. Time has stood still and we can all go back and start all over.
            Terje Larsson

inbox is full, send e-mail instead

Hey, wanna look at my comics? Come here then http://terjelarssonserier.blogspot.com/

Ah, sorry, it's all in swedish, but you can always look!

You can also check out my crazy friend Dan's crazy website where he'll teach you to master the guitar in 8 minutes (or days... or whatever).

http://spytunes.co.uk/

Comment

Surely you jest. I believe that in addition to the blues guys Carl Perkins, Jimmy Bryant, Eldon Shamblin, Link Wray, Duane Eddy, Lonnie Mack, Roy Buchanon and Cliff Gallup were harnessing the power of electricity well before Mr. Hendrix.

Comment

OK, So I've actually watched the video now, and yeah they guy's good. BUT, I had to stop watching it after two minutes because it was so boring.

Comment

Hmmm, Doc you need to start grilling more fish instead of pork on that foreman grill of yours, porks clogging your brain
                  Classic Rock/Blues are not dead they just smell funny.
                  Guitars:
                  Epiphone re-iusse 63 Firdbird7
                  '98 MIA Roadhouse Strat
                  G&L Custom shop Legacy
                  G&L Tribute Asat Classic
                  Ibanez asf75t
                  Epi. AlleyKat
                  DeArmond JetStar
                  electroCoustic BY Dave254
                  Self built FrankenStrat
                  Walden G630 CE
                  MIJ Fender Tele
                  AMPS
                  1974 Twin in a headcab built by Shovelhead with a matching 2x12 cab
                  1996 Crate VC50310
                  1958 Fender Bassman Head

Marshall 1965A 4x10 cab
                  EFFECTS
                  Digitech RP7
                  Digitech RP10
                  Digitech Genesis3
                  Vox ToneLab SE
                  Dunlop Crybaby
                  RECORDING
                  Cool Edit Pro2000
                  Shure mics and enough cable to hang myself! lol
                  Behringer EuroRack MX802A not grat but does the deed
                  Member of the Geezer Brigade .... #258
                  Click here to visit the robmizzi.com

Comment

Ummm... BB's 67 this year.

actually he was born in 1925.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred5
                      He's out of tune and the sound generally sucks. For being a kid in a bedroom it's okay though.
                      He might be real good someday. If he's 11, I'm impressed, if he's 15, I'm not. I've heard kids in music stores that were better in several ways.

So, I'm basically with jazbrokr and deathkoba on this one. 2 very impressive players, btw.

There was nothing unmusical about it.
                      If he's 2 handing his fretboard like that, I'm sure playing rhythm isn't a problem for him.
                      And if he's 15, I'm still impressed. 99% of the kids playing guitar today couldn't hold my attention for more than 5 seconds and an eye-roll like this
                      and that's no bull****************.
                      I wish all the critics would post a vid of their best solo effort. I'm sure I'd be amazed for 5 seconds and feel compelled for another of these
                      Dee

Comment

Ummm ok dude

Like I need to prove I can play.

Who said he was 15?? And his rhythm is not good when he improvises. There are plenty of 8 year old girls playing suzuki method violin who can play to a metronome. Does it mean that they have "good" time?

Oh, one other thing. I would LOVE to see Steve Vai play my stuff. Not a prayer. He is hardly the god you think. I mean no disrespect for Steve. A great player and a big influence for many. He is NOT a jazz player. None. Never. No jazz skillz. Also, I don't care for his blues playing at all. That "For the Love of God" is nice, but not what I would call blues. His timing is not laid back. He is a monster, but in his genre. Don't think he can do it all. He can't. Not many can bridge the great musical divides. I think Scott Henderson crosses them with far more adeptness AND diversity than Vai, btw.

Scott
                        Click here if you wanna see (and hear) something really scary!

Scott Lerner Music Website

Comment

Originally posted by deejmic

There was nothing unmusical about it.

We disagree then. I stand by my original statement.
                          If he's 2 handing his fretboard like that, I'm sure playing rhythm isn't a problem for him.

Tapping isn't in itself difficult. Just a different approach. To me, playing rhythm guitar well isn't easy and nothing in that vid tells me
                          that he can do that. You are making an assumption that since he can tap, he can play rhythm.

And if he's 15, I'm still impressed. 99% of the kids playing guitar today couldn't hold my attention for more than 5 seconds and an eye-roll like this
                          and that's no bull****************.
                          I wish all the critics would post a vid of their best solo effort. I'm sure I'd be amazed for 5 seconds and feel compelled for another of these

Sorry, I don't have any impressive solo stuff available on the net. I'm trying hard to make interesting, strange and beautiful music with my band.
                          http://www.mp3.com/jubie
                          I don't think you'd like it though no offense.

talk is cheap

Not my band's site www.jubie.se

Comment

Working...
                          X