Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShesGotVerve
    started a topic Where do you think you're going when you die?

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Sometimes I'm scared because I'm afraid when I die I'll become just. . . . .nothing - that I'll no longer. . . . exist. If I really meditate on that for any amount of time it scares me.

Then other times I wonder if maybe there is another life that we go to where we DO exist again. . . . maybe we live on another planet and we're real and alive again.

But I'm not sure either way. Whatdya think guys?

• Cornholio Farquarth III
    replied
    After you die, it'll be too late to decide where you want to go. So plan ahead.. Pick your hole in the ground, the oven you'll be slid into, where you want your ashes spread, or sign up for or invent your own religion.

Leave a comment:

• Grant Harding
    replied
    If religion is true I'm spending eternity in a Wal-mart with no Exit.

Leave a comment:

• Idunno
    replied
    Lights out, Fin.

Leave a comment:

• Grant Harding
    replied
    The stories are fun though. When I die, that's it. My shot at changing the world and making future people is done.

I like that idea better than some crazy lie that tries to tell me the end isn't the end as long as I do whatever some strange con men in funny robes say.

Leave a comment:

• daddymack
    replied
    meh...Catholics are always so sure they have the only answer...

Leave a comment:

• Balthazar Munoz
    replied
    Death is irrelevant. LIfe is everlasting,the Catholic Church has that much right In fact, every moment is eternal in our curved time space continuem because time and space folds back in the mathematically proven double helix model of the universe, what you are dong now,what you have done will be an endless time loop ( thats why we have Deja Vu) ..trust me, I am not wrong on this- live wisely.
    Last edited by Balthazar Munoz; 11-07-2017, 07:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daddymack
    replied
    a place where men understand women...

Leave a comment:

• SwampMusic
    replied
    A place where even the 12 strings stay in tune.

Leave a comment:

• Cornholio Farquarth III
    replied
    I will probably go to Lake Titi Kaka, Bungholio.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Tweedbucket
    replied
    Ya gotta wonder if Robert Plant still sings Hope I Die before I get Old in his Let it Be song? If I remember right, that's what he sang, oh yes, yes, he did.
    Last edited by Dr. Tweedbucket; 11-04-2017, 04:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Smilin' Bob
    replied
    T, sorrry to hear you lost your music muse and hung it up. I really liked your band! You still working for TXDOT?

Leave a comment:

• Phil O'Keefe
    commented on 's reply

Good to see you Terry.

• MrKnobs
    replied
    Originally posted by Smilin' Bob View Post

So glad to hear from you, T! Do you still play with your band?

Aside from the infirmities of aging, I'm fine. I have a little gig on Saturday. After the election, folks in town here formed a political action group who, with the Comstock Democratic Club, are having a fund raising picnic in the park, during which several of us local musicians will play. Should be fun!
    Nope, I gave up music entirely about 5 years ago. Never touch an instrument. Sometimes I miss the fantasy of it, but then I remember the reality of it. One of these days I'll figure out something to fill the big hole in my soul and life that created.

Good to hear you're still rockin out a bit!

Terry D.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Tweedbucket
    replied
    Life/Death, the results are in! ! !1111!

SooOoo, I don't get preachy and want to trample on anyone's other direction, but I'll share what I found:

So religion, it's a good place to start a fight because everyone has their own opinions. To me, I figure it's an important thing to figure out before it's too late. A core of the problem is the ego. Everyone has one, some stronger than others and because of that it's hard for some people to be submissive to a Creator or God. They want to be their own boss.... and quite frankly, don't we all?? Yeah, it is a problem. Well, more of that later, maybe.

So I'm going with Christianity and the Bible which talks about sin, and we all know what sin is, ... it's FUN!! Sure seems fun, doesn't it? Sure it's fun. It's fun until you get someone pregnant, or get too drunk and crash your car, or cheat / steal something and get caught. Yeah, it looks fun up front but sin has it's price and it's usually not pretty. The Bible says the wages of sin is death, meaning separation from God. But God didn't want to make a bunch of robots, so he gave us our own brains and free will. Those who come back to Him are golden.

To me Christianity make sense because the sin/evil vs righteous thing is very real and present in our day to day lives and we have to deal with and make choices about it. Sin/Evil = bad and really, it's a big dead end many times ending in death and destruction. Love/Righteousness = good. You know it's true and that's exactly what Jesus taught which was to love your neighbor as yourself and treat others as you'd have them treat you. If everyone did that, we'd have a pretty peaceful planet going on. It's a solid advice which by the way supercedes the 10 commandments because it covers them all. It goes way deeper but I'll leave it at that for now.

The creation thing ... so as amazing as this place is, I can't imagine not giving credit to the person/God/ entity who put it all together. I mean, that all this perfect balance came together out of pure luck is like saying your simple by comparison SUV just happened to evolve out of pure luck... along with the factory that built it. Nah, someone had to design and engineer your SUV just as someone way beyond our comprehension had to put you and me together along with the planets, the sun, the balance of things.

"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor has it entered into the heart of man the things that God has created for those who love Him".
    And why should you love Him? Well, because He gave you life and will guide you through if your willing, and promises you an eternal life in a pure state. What the heck! it's free...

If nothing else, forget about what the media tells you about christianity or religion and see out God for yourself. If you are open to Him, he'll reveal himself. It a relationship that totally gives your life a purpose and destiny.

Thank you, God commanded His followers to spread the word, and so there ya have it.

BzZZzZZzZZZzz_Z_Z_Zz-ZZ_Z_Z__________ZZzZZzzZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZTtTTT-T!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Tweedbucket

Leave a comment:

Working...
X