Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShesGotVerve

YOU!!!

I snapped another high E string changing them. I give up.

Me?

Tune down a whole step to concert D...
    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Originally posted by FingerBone Bill

Not quite Ally - FBB definitely does NOT like the idea of death. However, given that death is inevitable I do like the idea of "nothingness".

Sorry about that FBB.....I didn't mean to intimate you like death itself, only the nothingness part.....lol.....I just can't get the words out right.

Nothing new.....
      Originally Posted by BlueStrat
      You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
      After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Me?

Tune down a whole step to concert D...

YOU ARE SUCH A **************** ENLARGING MY EMBARRASSING PROBLEM!!!!!

After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Originally posted by ShesGotToCleanUpHerLanguage

YOU ARE SUCH A **************** ENLARGING MY EMBARRASSING PROBLEM!!!!!

How's that for enlargement, sweetie?
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

I'll leave that one alone.

Heh.

Comment

For god's sake get a room you two!
              Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
              It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
              I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.
              One large difference between science and religion is this: In science, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the theory is tossed out. In religion, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the facts are tossed out.
              HCGB draft-dodger

Comment

For god's sake get a room you two!

We tried that..it didn't work out...

Comment

We tried that..it didn't work out...

Enlargement problems?
                  Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
                  It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
                  I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.
                  One large difference between science and religion is this: In science, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the theory is tossed out. In religion, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the facts are tossed out.
                  HCGB draft-dodger

Comment

My thread on death and dying has gone down the crapper.

Comment

No, it's the circle-of-life. We're back to procreation!
                      HCGB draft-dodger

Comment

Sorry, the moment it became religious vs philosophical, it was doomed...
                        One should never posit the unponderable here...we will eventually just morph it into something 'dirty'...

Comment

Enlargement problems?

Not in MY business...

Comment

Ally,I thought I explained about changing strings? Do NOT put the string through the hole first.
                            Give it one turn around the post whilst keeping the string taut,THEN thread it through the hole above the turn you put on it.
                            Pull it tight then tune to pitch.The string will rise up the post as you tune up,clamping itself tight.
                            This method means you dont put a right angle kink in the string with the sharp edge of the hole-therefore minimising metal fatigue and breakage.
                            This is my String Theory.
                            Where do all the plectrums go after you drop them?
                            I think Space Aliens collect them as rare artifacts dedicated to the gods of Dunlop and Tortex.
                            You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewrg
                              the gods of Dunlop and Tortex.

See? I knew there was a god.

Comment

I actually do think that when we die there is nothing.

It affects me the opposite of SGV - I find the thought of oblivion quite comforting. All our problems in this life just don't matter in the long run. We'll just blink out like a snuffed out candle and nothing will exist for us ever again.

Now that's what I call eternal rest.

I find that thought very comforting too actually. And I think it is the truth that all the great spiritual teachers have actually knwon at all times. Death is the Great Forgiver. No matter what you did in life Death will forgive you. Death is also the Great Creator cause without death there is no life. Death is the beginning and the end.

The reason we have religions formed around this truth that really hide it quite a bit is that the message could so easily become "nothing you do matters". I think the opposite though. Because there is no God in the sense we're made to belive and because we just have this one life and then it's over it all matters so much.

This is partly what I base my morals on. If this is all we have then what right would I have to ruin it for anyone else? If we on the other hand have one or many lives after this one where we will be rewarded for our deeds then who cares if I punch you in the teeth, right? You'll go to Heaven and I'll burn in Hell so why should I feel sorry for you if I make you suffer... it makes less and less sense to me the way religions explain this ****************.
                                Terje Larsson

inbox is full, send e-mail instead

Hey, wanna look at my comics? Come here then http://terjelarssonserier.blogspot.com/

Ah, sorry, it's all in swedish, but you can always look!

You can also check out my crazy friend Dan's crazy website where he'll teach you to master the guitar in 8 minutes (or days... or whatever).

http://spytunes.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X