Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smilin' Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by daddymack View Post

you call it bardo, and I call it limbo...

as someone knowledgeable in Buddhism, are you as appalled as I am at what is happening in Burma/Bangladesh with the Rohingya? This is being promulgated [and that is putting it politely...orchestrated...no, executed fits best of all] by an extremist sect of monks, in the name of Buddha... it is a racial/religious cleansing persecution...trying hard to pretend it is a civil war in the making.
    CC and I are members of a Buddhist insight meditation sangha. Everyone is very upset about this, and the sangha sent letters protesting it to various Burmese Buddhist powers that that be. What is happening is a complete denial of Buddhist ethics that emphasizes compassion, loving kindness and the elimination of suffering of all sentient beings. It's hard to understand how Buddhist monks can behave in this way, but humans are masters at deluding themselves, even the so-called enlightened.

Leave a comment:

• Smilin' Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by MrKnobs View Post

Hey Bob! Yeah I'm not going anywhere until they drag me out feet first.

Hope you're doing well!

Terry D.
    So glad to hear from you, T! Do you still play with your band?

Aside from the infirmities of aging, I'm fine. I have a little gig on Saturday. After the election, folks in town here formed a political action group who, with the Comstock Democratic Club, are having a fund raising picnic in the park, during which several of us local musicians will play. Should be fun!
    Last edited by Smilin' Bob; 09-28-2017, 02:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daddymack
    commented on 's reply
    O...M...G...He lives!!
    'Zup Knobsie?

• MrKnobs
    replied
    Originally posted by Smilin' Bob View Post

I'm with Knobs. Is he still around? Hi Terry!

Hey Bob! Yeah I'm not going anywhere until they drag me out feet first.

Hope you're doing well!

Terry D.

Leave a comment:

• onelife
    replied

as someone knowledgeable in Buddhism, are you as appalled as I am at what is happening in Burma/Bangladesh with the Rohingya? This is being promulgated [and that is putting it politely...orchestrated...no, executed fits best of all] by an extremist sect of monks, in the name of Buddha... it is a racial/religious cleansing persecution...trying hard to pretend it is a civil war in the making.
    Radical Buddhism - who would have thought?

Leave a comment:

• onelife
    replied
    I think we keep on coming back until we get it right - with opportunities to learn from every experience.

Some of us will still choose to come back, even after we get it right, in an effort to help others get through their own difficulties.

Leave a comment:

• daddymack
    replied
    Originally posted by Smilin' Bob View Post

Unless you get stuck in the bardos (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo)!

Leave a comment:

• Smilin' Bob
    replied
    it really doesn't matter much were you think you're going, does it, in the final analysis? You are going wherever it is, straight there... do not pass 'GO', do not collect $200...
    Unless you get stuck in the bardos (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo)!

Leave a comment:

• daddymack
    replied
    it really doesn't matter much were you think you're going, does it, in the final analysis? You are going wherever it is, straight there... do not pass 'GO', do not collect $200...

Leave a comment:

• SwampMusic
    replied
    Is it "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" or "Nobody's wrong if everybody's right" ? I certainly don't KNOW. I guess we believe what makes us most comfortable with the inevitability of death. I just went to a bandmate's funeral this past Sunday. Third one this year. It's just too damned depressing to think that everything ends with a slow ride with the headlights on.

Leave a comment:

• Cornholio Farquarth III
    replied
    Where am I going when I die? To the crematorium and then to the crusher with what's left after that.

Leave a comment:

• daddymack
    replied
    damned dumpster divers...2008...

Leave a comment:

• Smilin' Bob
    replied
    Originally posted by MrKnobs View Post
    <BLOCKQUOTE><TABLE border="1"><TBODY><TR><TD>I'm not going anywhere when i die. There's no life after death. Wishful thinking won't pay off, newbs</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're probably right, but you're SURE and that's what makes you wrong.

Terry D.
    I'm with Knobs. Is he still around? Hi Terry!

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Tweedbucket
    replied
    I was thinking probably 2050 give or take a few years

Leave a comment:

• thredlok
    replied
    Graceland

Leave a comment:

Working...
X