Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daddymack

werx 4 me...

We all know no one gets out alive, and no one has come back to tell us where we go. So either they don't think its worth telling us about, or there's no way back. Either way, we take our chances.
    My dad died 4x and he told me ALL about it.

When we're done, we're just done. Nothing supernatural about it.

But you believe what you'd like

We're just not that important, and no god is gonna intervene for your dead ass.
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read
    -Groucho Marx

Comment

I'm going nowhere, I'll stay right here and we'll have the world first haunted bulletine board

talk is cheap

Not my band's site www.jubie.se

Comment

Some guys gets to be daisies, some wall flowers.

talk is cheap

Not my band's site www.jubie.se

Comment

Sorry to interject, but I have experienced too many things firsthand to believe that there is not something out there after we die.

I have lived in several documented "haunted" houses. I have seen with my own eyes, as well as witnesses around me, books fly off of shelves and ghosts. I have heard the sounds of past times pressing against today. I have felt the chills, and heat, of activity. I have smelled the scent of death. All of this without any reasonable explanation to be found.

I'm not saying any of this to brag or carry on, but I say this because I know there is something beyond this life. I believe it was Einstein (I think...I might be wrong on this), who figured out that energy cannot be created nor destroyed. It can be harnessed and used, but not created nor destroyed.

I am a Christian, and I know where I'm trying to get to. My physical remains may remain within the earth, but my soul shall soar....

Sorry for the heaviness...

Brandon
          ------------
          Great transactions with : Used666, Joeguitar717

Comment

I don't think it's the end when your physical body dies.
            You just proceed to another place.
            Hopefully, a pleasant place.
            i have come to the conclusion that he is some form of god. no mere mortal has that many guitars/pedals/amp/anything. "It boggles my mind. His collection is the most glorious and true expression of GAS.To each his own though. Amazing collection of beauties. It takes some seriously messed up OCD to compile a collection like that.I hate BBreaker. Damn, I hate him.Suck it.We learned that bbreaker is some sort of god. A god of whine.fk this guy.

Comment

I actually do think that when we die there is nothing.

It affects me the opposite of SGV - I find the thought of oblivion quite comforting. All our problems in this life just don't matter in the long run. We'll just blink out like a snuffed out candle and nothing will exist for us ever again.

Now that's what I call eternal rest.

On the other hand - if there is an after-life I hope it comes with guitars and we can all play like Tommy Emmanuel.
              Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
              It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
              I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.
              One large difference between science and religion is this: In science, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the theory is tossed out. In religion, if the facts don’t fit the theory, the facts are tossed out.
              HCGB draft-dodger

Comment

Heavy stuff... I ain't no expert:

I believe that when I kick the bucket the only thing that physically remains are the atoms that made up my body, all of the junk that I've managed to hoard, and any genetic material that I happen to pass on to unsuspecting offspring.

I believe that my "spirit" remains as the influence that I've had on other people and things during my brief existence.

Due to these beliefs, I don't believe in "clean-slate" forgiveness. Once you do something, the effect of that action exists and will remain as part of your legacy.

Comment

Worrying about an eventuality over which we have no control is pointless.

My thoughts exactly.

Spend energy changing what you CAN change, so that when you're road kill you've actually contributed to the advancement of our species. I think death will be a relief, because living is hard work.

Comment

The whole issue over fear of the unknown/fear of dying/what happens after is a byproduct of centuries of christian brainwashing which has permeated our culture.
                    Superstition-nothing more or less.This is from those good people who taught you that a virgin was screwed by a ghost,remained a virgin and produced a child.Hmm.
                    If Einsteins theory is correct then we will still be around-as molecules of matter with no consciousness.
                    All the matter in the universe has always existed and always will-we truly were born of stars.
                    If you want to make yourself useful after death get buried and have a tree planted above you so you can fertilise it.
                    You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewrg

If Einsteins theory is correct then we will still be around-as molecules of matter with no consciousness.

Is this actually what Einstein postulated? I wasn't familiar with this theory. Interesting.
                      Originally Posted by BlueStrat
                      You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Originally posted by ShesGotVerve

Is this actually what Einstein postulated? I wasn't familiar with this theory. Interesting.

Well if you extend the assertion that since the big bang created all the matter in the universe,and that it is always going to exist,even if reconstituted into something we may not recognise as"matter",then yes.
                        I`m not sure if this is connected to relativity.
                        As Marilyn Monroe once said to him at dinner,"I hear you work with your relatives".
                        You can lead a man to knowledge but you can't make him think.

Comment

To be with my Lord and Saviour in Glory...
                          "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord"...Psalm 150:6

Trooper #125

G&L Legacy

Guild JF30
                          Mesa F30

Comment

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Whatever's usable will be used, the rest goes in the ground to start a worm farm.

What happens to my consciousness? Ah, we'll see, I suppose.
                            I figure, if there's something beyond, wow, a new adventure, and one I wasn't counting on. If there's not, it won't matter much since I'll be, ya know, dead and all.

I've known some remarkable people in my life, and it would be cool to think I'll see them again. But I ain't counting on it.
                            You're not the boss of me!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally posted by RG450

It's like ordering a pizza at Pizza hut and getting a dingo thrown at you.

Comment

Originally posted by ShesGotVerve
                              And while I'm at it and before I go to bed, what about this Heaven thing? If there really is a "Heaven", is it an interactive kind of place or just a state of being or something else?

SGV,
                              I have never had a near death experience so as to come back an expert on the things I may or may not have seen on the other side. However, I have had experiences of what I would consider to be spiritual in nature that have led me to identify with born-again Christianity. These have been enough to convince me of the truth of the Bible, which has a lot to say about heaven itself and what it is like. The Bible doesn
                              A forest is in an acorn.

HCGB Trooper #217

Comment

Originally posted by gagnon

SGV,
                                I have never had a near death experience so as to come back an expert on the things I may or may not have seen on the other side. However, I have had experiences of what I would consider to be spiritual in nature that have led me to identify with born-again Christianity. These have been enough to convince me of the truth of the Bible, which has a lot to say about heaven itself and what it is like. The Bible doesn
                                Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
                                Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read
                                -Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                  X