Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if I've lived a good life then I will be at the end of this thread.

if I've lived a bad life I will have to start over at the begining of this thread.

I heard some go to suffer for awhile in purgatory before they get to move on to teh heavenly gates. You can atone by bringing this thread with you, and reading it. Several times.
    Originally Posted by BlueStrat
    You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
    After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

• I'm not going anywhere when i die. There's no life after death. Wishful thinking won't pay off, newbs

Comment

• Originally Posted by BlueStrat
        You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
        After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

• I'm not going anywhere when i die. There's no life after death. Wishful thinking won't pay off, newbs

You're probably right, but you're SURE and that's what makes you wrong.

Terry D.
          Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

• Disney World?

Terry D.

Comment

• Graceland
              Originally Posted by tumbleweeed

You want some more Jello, boy? Its made with Hooves!

Comment

• I was thinking probably 2050 give or take a few years

Comment

• Originally posted by MrKnobs View Post
                  <BLOCKQUOTE><TABLE border="1"><TBODY><TR><TD>I'm not going anywhere when i die. There's no life after death. Wishful thinking won't pay off, newbs</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're probably right, but you're SURE and that's what makes you wrong.

Terry D.
                  I'm with Knobs. Is he still around? Hi Terry!
                  NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

• damned dumpster divers...2008...
                    "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

• Where am I going when I die? To the crematorium and then to the crusher with what's left after that.
                      Originally posted by MrKnobs
                      God, that's beautiful man! And they say romance is dead!

Comment

• Is it "Nobody's right if everybody's wrong" or "Nobody's wrong if everybody's right" ? I certainly don't KNOW. I guess we believe what makes us most comfortable with the inevitability of death. I just went to a bandmate's funeral this past Sunday. Third one this year. It's just too damned depressing to think that everything ends with a slow ride with the headlights on.

Comment

• it really doesn't matter much were you think you're going, does it, in the final analysis? You are going wherever it is, straight there... do not pass 'GO', do not collect $200...
                          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Comment

• Originally posted by daddymack View Post
                            it really doesn't matter much were you think you're going, does it, in the final analysis? You are going wherever it is, straight there... do not pass 'GO', do not collect $200...
                            Unless you get stuck in the bardos (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo)!
                            NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smilin' Bob View Post

Unless you get stuck in the bardos (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bardo)!
                              you call it bardo, and I call it limbo...

as someone knowledgeable in Buddhism, are you as appalled as I am at what is happening in Burma/Bangladesh with the Rohingya? This is being promulgated [and that is putting it politely...orchestrated...no, executed fits best of all] by an extremist sect of monks, in the name of Buddha... it is a racial/religious cleansing persecution...trying hard to pretend it is a civil war in the making.

Comment

• I think we keep on coming back until we get it right - with opportunities to learn from every experience.

Some of us will still choose to come back, even after we get it right, in an effort to help others get through their own difficulties.
                                Every worm, every insect, every animal is working
                                for the ecological wellbeing of the planet.

Only we humans, who claim to be the most intelligent
                                species here, are not doing that. ~Sadhguru

Comment

Working...
                                X