Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it's nearly impossible for humans to conceive of complete nothingness. Just try to imagine no thoughts, no consciousness, no next step. Our minds are wired to always expect what's next. Emptiness can't possibly compute in our minds. It's sort of like trying to imagine and end to the vacuum of space. What would be out there? A brick wall that says, "Space ends here"? What's on the other side of the wall?

I know there are many who won't believe this, but we were created to expect something more...a continuation of something.

As to blaming God for "condemning" souls to Hell; it's not God who does it, it's we ourselves who make the choice. Blaming God may be convenient, but God did give all of us free will to choose. So, if God has a blueprint for how we are to attain heaven and we ignore or reject it, who then is to blame? Certainly not God, but we ourselves.

All I know is that I'm not about to live in eternity separated from the God who has given me so much to be thankful for. I believe in His plan, and I trust in His word. He's never let me down.

Yes, BC, you're right about expecting something more because as Eccl. 3:11 (see below) says, the true God has put eternity in our minds. The only reason we die is because we inherited sin and death from our first parents, Adam & Eve. (Roman: 5:12)
    Ecclesiastes 3:11 "Everything he has made pretty in its time. Even time indefinite he has put in their heart, that mankind may never find out the work that the [true] God has made from the start to the finish."
    Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

• Same here,I owe you an apology for sounding snotty,I didn't mean for it to sound at all like that. We had an interesting Bible study today at church,and the subjuct was "How do we know that we belong to God"? Assurence was one of the answers. If one does not have assurence about whether they are going to Heaven or not,then they need to look into their lives and ask themselves" What I am doing wrong?".We have to KNOW that we're going to Heaven,that is promise of the scriptures. I mean I hope somebody will walk up and give me a million dollars someday,but I don't believe that will ever happen.

Katman: I have asked this of many people who think they are going to heaven and have not got a Biblical answer yet. Perhaps, you'd like to answer this for me and I am not at all being snotty or snooty.

Since you believe in the Bible, and believe you are going to heaven, what are you going there to do?

Also, Jesus said that the meek would inherit the earth, so how do you know you won't remain on the earth? Adam was put here and he was to remain here and not die as long as he did not sin, which unfortunately he did. Regards, Flip.
      Foul language is the sign of a weak mind trying to express itself forcibly. * Thankfully, my computer program masks all the foul language and changes it to @&%)7#

Comment

• Like the idea that I might no longer e-x-i-s-t can really set my heart a'pounding.

Did you exist before you were born?
        www.mpdacrylics.com

www.bazoogle.com

Comment

• Did you exist before you were born?

Personally, I don't believe there is before or after or even now. I believe life is laid out from birth to death and our consciousness simply passes over it experiencing it, just like watching a DVD - except that we have the belief that we are controlling it.

However, I could certainly be wrong about this, so just in case, after death (hopefully) I am going HERE.

Terry D.
          Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

• I dont know if anyone said this yet, but where were you before you were born?

Comment

• You have to die first before you'll know; those who have gone before us aren't around to share.

I think the better question is "what's it like to be involved in a conversation for 3 years"

Energy cannot be destroyed so I believe our brain shutting down will feel like an eternity from the DMT overload and our energy will be transferred back to the earth.

Comment

• This is what the Bible says:

When you die, you die. As God told Adam, dust you are and to dust you will return. He did not tell him he would go to a fiery hell. Adam "became" a living soul, the Bible says, he was not "given" a soul. (Gen. 2:7) [COLOR="Orange"]"And Jehovah God proceeded to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man came to be a living soul."

To add to this reasoning the Bible tells us that the soul "eats" (Deuteronomy 12:20), it can be torn to pieces (Psalm 7:2), put in a pit (Jeremiah 18:20), brought out of a dungeon or prison (Psalm 142:7)

The faithful man Job did not want or expect to go to Heaven but fully expected to go to Sheol, which is the common grave of mankind where he would wait until God resurrected him.
                [COLOR="Orange"]Job: 14:13 :O that in She?ol you would conceal me,
                That you would keep me secret until your anger turns back,
                That you would set a time limit for me and remember me!
                14 If an able-bodied man dies can he live again?
                All the days of my compulsory service I shall wait,
                Until my relief comes.
                15 You will call, and I myself shall answer you.
                For the work of your hands you will have a yearning."

In the grave (Hebrew, Sheol) there is no memory, feeling or consciousness of anything as Ecclesiastes shows: [COLOR="Orange"]Eccl. 9:5, 10 "5. For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.
                10. All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She?ol, the place to which you are going."

The reason for this is that we are dead the body our soul is dead as [COLOR="Orange"]Ezekiel 18:4 shows: "Look! All the souls

Comment

• If I die I'll feel I'm goin' downhill.
                  Website http://forcepics.net63.net

Comment

• well all i can say is...from dust we begin from dust we shall be after..
                    peace!

Comment

• I'll think about that later.

"Life is a problem for the living; death is a problem for the dead." ~ Taisen Deshimaru Roshi

Comment

• However, I could certainly be wrong about this, so just in case, after death (hopefully) I am going HERE.

Terry D.
                        but...you might wind up like this
                        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

• So when we die, we simply are dead as we cease to exist. However, the Bible holds out the wonderful hope of the resurrection to life again on the earth. (Isaiah 45:18; Psalm 104:5; Psalm 37:11, 29; Matthew 5:5)
                          That's good news! Are you sure your source is up to date though? They used to think the earth revolved around the moon, so you can never be too careful.

Comment

• I'll be debt free and I'll be joining Benjamin Franklin in Hell.

Comment

• but...you might wind up like this

If I do, I won't hesitate to sex up that one-eyed chick. What the heck is wrong with Fry? Is he gay? Does he have his eye on Bender? Or did (gasp) some parts break off during the thawing?

Terry D.
                              Telling Stories releases 2nd CD, see our WEBSITE! Please check out my GROUPIE STORY and Tales from the Road.

Comment

• If I do, I won't hesitate to sex up that one-eyed chick.

You're asexual Terry, you don't "sex up" anything.

Originally Posted by BlueStrat
                                You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
                                After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Working...
                                X