Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=theManfromAlabam;29833974]I like to think that I will will be ovewhelmed and be reunited with friends and family who have gone before me.

Man, I hope not. That would be way to embarassing. I still owe some of them money.
    Ibanez Benson archtop
    Martin J40 M
    American Deluxe Strat
    Fender Jazz bass
    Yamaha 12 string
    bunch of old guitars in the barn.

Allright, let's go see what's around the next bend. I'm getting too old for this ****************.

Comment

• Dogs will die waiting for their people. Their loyalty knows no bounds.

True. Cats on the other hand live with us cause they're waiting for us to die - so they can eat us.
      Ibanez Benson archtop
      Martin J40 M
      American Deluxe Strat
      Fender Jazz bass
      Yamaha 12 string
      bunch of old guitars in the barn.

Allright, let's go see what's around the next bend. I'm getting too old for this ****************.

Comment

• Maybe you should marry a dog!

Oh wait, my second wife was kind of a mutt......

nevermind!

I come from good stock.

Originally Posted by BlueStrat
        You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
        After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

• I come from good stock.

yep...ya can trace the Smiffs back all the way to teh biblical era...
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

• yep...ya can trace the Smiffs back all the way to teh biblical era...
            Gotta watch them Scottish Smiffs though

GB #270 in perpetuity

That's what's so great about the Internet:
            It enables pompous blowhards like myself,
            to connect with other pompous blowhards
            in a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Comment

• Gotta watch them Scottish Smiffs though

The bofe of yous.

The Smiff's have a long-standing tradition of excellence.

After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

• I'm a realist and a predator/hunter/scavenger. I've been fairly intimate with death for a long time. I've killed alot of animals in my hunting career, some coup de grace by my bare hands as I watched the life drain from thier eyes. I don't think we're different from them, as in how some folks believe we have souls(that need savin') and they(critters) don't. To me, that is the ultimate in conceit.

I watched my father die a slow death by cancer just a couple months ago, and I'd take a razor sharp broadhead to the heart/lungs, and a 15 second sendoff, over cancer ANY day. For myself, I'm not afraid of death at all, I'm concerned about undue suffering in the course of it, perhaps.

I believe, like someone said above, that religion, fear of god, death, and afterwards, is the biggest scam to ever be... and it seems bizzare that some folks waste their ENTIRE lives, or large portions of it, caught up in it, when they could be more fully living the only life they'll ever get a crack at. No, they'll have no regrets when there's nothing afterwards, but how much more livin' could they have done?

Until someone PROVES to me otherwise, when I die, that's it. No heaven, no hell, no soul, no reincarnation, I'm just... dead. Let the worms feast.

Comment

• Until someone PROVES to me otherwise, when I die, that's it. No heaven, no hell, no soul, no reincarnation, I'm just... dead.

You have to die first before you'll know; those who have gone before us aren't around to share.

Comment

• I take it you have never stared death in the face.
                    It is inevitable, and how is rarely up to the individual.

wow...thank-you Capt. Obvious.

Comment

• Sometimes I'm scared because I'm afraid when I die I'll become just. . . . .nothing - that I'll no longer. . . . exist. If I really meditate on that for any amount of time it scares me.

Then other times I wonder if maybe there is another life that we go to where we DO exist again. . . . maybe we live on another planet and we're real and alive again.

But I'm not sure either way. Whatdya think guys?

Of course, no one can be sure, but, I have a suspicion that lives are levels of learning, similar to grades in school. We go on to the next level (hopefully) and keep learning. To my mind, if this was all there was, what point would the lessons this life has taught us serve? There has to be a point, to me, anyway...and without continuing, there is no point. Or at least not a very sound one.
                      My Space

Comment

• Of course...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ET8zhjeYMs
                        My Space

Comment

• That was funny.
                          I'm here all week.

Comment

• Of course, no one can be sure, but, I have a suspicion that lives are levels of learning, similar to grades in school. We go on to the next level (hopefully) and keep learning. To my mind, if this was all there was, what point would the lessons this life has taught us serve? There has to be a point, to me, anyway...and without continuing, there is no point. Or at least not a very sound one.
                            Moi

MYSPACE

Good deals with: ispunk

My Band

Comment

• They don't let me have anything sharp at the other facility. Here at least I can have crayons.
                              My Space

Comment

• Where do I go when I die?

If I'm good, a trout stream in Montana. If I'm bad, an eternal gig at the Old Gold Cabaret in Regina, Saskatchewan in February.
                                http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

Working...
                                X