Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think you're going when you die?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think life was designed by someone who is smarter than us all. I don't see this life as having much worth if there isn't anything to follow, so yeah I think depending on how we conduct ourselves here will determine our position in what follows.

I too believe in evolution to a degree considering how old this place is, but someone put it all in motion to start with. Man, as smart as he thinks he is, hasn't even scratched the surface of what is all involved here ..... that's what makes it so cool ...... the wonders of the Universe. A lot of good clues are in teh Bible! .... the time line there is funky, so I don't know how accurate everything is there, but there are some crazy things in the New Testament on how to live a pretty good and peaceful life.

hi

Comment

• there are some crazy things in the New Testament on how to live a pretty good and peaceful life.

hi

Agreed, you can get the gist of the message the baby Jesus left pretty quickly...its called the Golden Rule. The rest is just window dressing, hearsay, fables and dogma.
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

• I'm scared of dying - the act itself. I'm not afraid of death. Once I'm dead, I'm not going to be thinking or worrying about anything. It's the few seconds or minutes or () hours just prior to death that I'm concerned about. The fact that I'm not afraid of being dead doesn't mean I want to die. I hope my death is quick and painless. I do NOT want to spend an hour or two at the top of a burning skyscraper thinking things over. Nor do I want to end up in the basement of some phsychotic nutbird with a surgical implement fixation. I don't want to die becuase I want to be around to watch my kids grow up and to experience more of what living has to offer. But once I am dead I will be placed in an oven and my remains will be burned up and returned from whence they came. I don't believe in an "afterlife." I believe once we die we're done. Frankly, I don't find the notion that we live our lives awaiting the judgement of some supreme being who watches over us counting our indiscressions to be at all comforting.

Comment

• I'm scared of dying - the act itself. I'm not afraid of death. Once I'm dead, I'm not going to be thinking or worrying about anything. It's the few seconds or minutes or () hours just prior to death that I'm concerned about. The fact that I'm not afraid of being dead doesn't mean I want to die. I hope my death is quick and painless. I do NOT want to spend an hour or two at the top of a burning skyscraper thinking things over. Nor do I want to end up in the basement of some phsychotic nutbird with a surgical implement fixation. I don't want to die becuase I want to be around to watch my kids grow up and to experience more of what living has to offer. But once I am dead I will be placed in an oven and my remains will be burned up and returned from whence they came. I don't believe in an "afterlife." I believe once we die we're done. Frankly, I don't find the notion that we live our lives awaiting the judgement of some supreme being who watches over us counting our indiscressions to be at all comforting.

I take it you have never stared death in the face.
          It is inevitable, and how is rarely up to the individual.
          "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

• I haven't a clue where anybody goes after they die. All I know is, I aint in no ****************n' hurry to get there.
            -----------------------------------------------

"Being a musician aint a skill, it's an affliction"

Tyrone Purvis, in the movie "The Honeydrippers"

My Forum
            The Roost

Comment

• You spend your life spreading pieces of yourself (good or bad) into the fabric of society. The sum of those pieces is your legacy, which lives on after your body goes. The fertilizer benefit is a positive too.

Comment

Wow. That's pretty much me right there.

Comment

• I like to think that I will will be ovewhelmed and be reunited with friends and family who have gone before me.

I do however wonder if its just going to be lights out and thats it...I guess that is why death is the greatest mystery of life, no one knows except for those who have passed.

There has to be more to us than this life, I mean look at us...we are so unlike any other living creature on earth...we have cars, houses/buildibgs, space exploration, wars, jobs, education/science, language, beleifs, faith, emotions, music, evil, goodness and so on...I find it very hard to beleive that we all just evolved...were all too weird...there has to be a higher power overseeing us all. oke:
                  Geezer Brigade Trooper #30
                  1st generation Irish

Comment

• I'll be going everywhere and nowhere. Ashes scattered all over the place but that's about it I reckon.
                    Originally Posted by Jimmy James

You're the British SAS of Metal.

Originally Posted by Phlat Phive

You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.

Originally Posted by goodusername

Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw.

Some Tunes:

http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2
                    http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44
                    http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi

Comment

• Agreed, you can get the gist of the message the baby Jesus left pretty quickly...its called the Golden Rule. The rest is just window dressing, hearsay, fables and dogma.

Well ...... nobody in this day and age knows that one way or another since we weren't there .... .....and I don't think it's for anyone who wasn't there to judge. ..... at least that's the way I feel about it....

One thing is for certain, this life is fading and we are going to die .... so you should probably have your Ps and Qs in order, and be proud of your accomplishments and the way you've conducted your life.

Comment

• The best man at my wedding died the perfect death, IMO. He was way too young (49!) but went out in a great way. He saddled his horse and rode out with his bird dog to go scout out some new hunting areas outside his granny's old farm. When he didn't come home after dark, his wife called 911 and search and rescue looked for him all night. They found him the next morning, leaned up against a tree, looking like he was asleep. His horse was standing there and his dog was asleep beside him.

An autopsy showed an almost complete blockage of his main artery, though he was rail thin and worked hard in the woods as a tree faller. The coroner said he likely started feeling dizzy and faint and stopped to rest. He probably just fainted or drifted off to sleep and just never woke up.

Ironically, when we were young he always said when he died he wanted to just take his horse, his bird dog and his rifle and ride off intro the sunset. Lucky bastage got his wish.
                        http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

• The best man at my wedding died the perfect death, IMO. He was way too young (49!) but went out in a great way. He saddled his horse and rode out with his bird dog to go scout out some new hunting areas outside his granny's old farm. When he didn't come home after dark, his wife called 911 and search and rescue looked for him all night. They found him the next morning, leaned up against a tree, looking like he was asleep. His horse was standing there and his dog was asleep beside him.

An autopsy showed an almost complete blockage of his main artery, though he was rail thin and worked hard in the woods as a tree faller. The coroner said he likely started feeling dizzy and faint and stopped to rest. He probably just fainted or drifted off to sleep and just never woke up.

Ironically, when we were young he always said when he died he wanted to just take his horse, his bird dog and his rifle and ride off intro the sunset. Lucky bastage got his wish.

Dogs will die waiting for their people. Their loyalty knows no bounds.
                          Originally Posted by BlueStrat
                          You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
                          After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

• Self fulfilled prophecy
                            GB #270 in perpetuity

That's what's so great about the Internet:
                            It enables pompous blowhards like myself,
                            to connect with other pompous blowhards
                            in a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Comment

• Dogs will die waiting for their people. Their loyalty knows no bounds.

Maybe you should marry a dog!

Oh wait, my second wife was kind of a mutt......

nevermind!
                              http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

• We live as long as we are let, and we get the health we deserve.
                                We must acquiesce in all logical progressions.
                                The merging of opposites is completion.
                                Life runs to death as to its goal,
                                and we should go towards that next stage of experi-
                                ence either carelessly as to what must be,
                                or with a good, honest curiosity as to what may be.
                                http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...1330893693.png

Comment

Working...
                                X