No announcement yet.

Damn Oklahoma Weather

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danocoustic
    I'm in Holly---NW corner of Oakland County, between Flint (to the north) and Pontiac (south).

What you describe is typical, but this winter has been weird. It started off heavy at Thanksgiving, eased off for the last couple months (warmest January on record), now it's COLD.

Where are you now?

I live in Sprigdale,Arkansas,northwest corner,about a hour and a half from Missouri. Yeah,it's been weird everywhere I think.Today,we have about five inches of snow,Thursday,it was about 70 before the bottom fell out. I still have relatives up around Holland,Kalamazoo.I'd like to visit them one of these days when I can afford it.During the summer months that is.
    1997 Epiphone PR-350CE
    2000 MIM Fender Stratocaster
    2001 Washburn Bantamn bass
    19?? Takamine EGS-340SC
    ???? Yamaha APX-5NA
    2004 Squier Telecaster Standard
    2006 Regal RV-38 resonator
    2000 Cedar Creek Dulcimer
    2009 Stagg mandolin
    ......and more to come!

Comment

Well Ive never been to heaven,
      But Ive been to Oklahoma,
      Well they tell me I was born there (I was)
      But I surely dont remember....

In Oklahoma, not Arizona

What Does It Matter
      What Does It Matter
      Formerly known as BrianPhase90

Comment

and now we get days of snow and freezing rain. Freezing rain on Sunday and Weds it's supposed to be 60 degrees again. I've lived in OK all my life so I've come to expect this...
        Originally Posted by eloydrummerboy

On average woodchucks weigh 4.5 - 9 lbs. I weigh 160 lbs and when I just started, I could maybe drink 7 beers and be pretty drunk. Chugging, will get you drunk faster so I'm saying I could have chugged 5 beers. Using the beer to weight relationships that have been taught to me in drivers education, we derive the equation 160/9 = 5/x. Solving for X we can estimate that if a woodchuck could chug bud, he'd be able to chug .28 Buds before passing out and getting drawn on by fellow woodchucks.

Comment

Originally posted by kongholiday
          and now we get days of snow and freezing rain. Freezing rain on Sunday and Weds it's supposed to be 60 degrees again. I've lived in OK all my life so I've come to expect this...

where abouts in Okieland is ya from????
          "When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power ......... then there will be peace."Jimi HendrixGB#256

Comment

Okay, usually I expound on how nice it is here, but lately it's been dropping into the 60s!

I've even been wearing long pants during the day from time to time.

Should be summer again pretty soon, though.

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

Originally posted by THBv2.0
              Okay, usually I expound on how nice it is here, but lately it's been dropping into the 60s!

I've even been wearing long pants during the day from time to time.

Should be summer again pretty soon, though.

I bet you are wearing socks with your flip-flops
              "When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power ......... then there will be peace."Jimi HendrixGB#256

Comment

Originally posted by Cap

Pics??

THBv2.0's winter flipflops.

Still Kickin' cancer's ass....Blue Water Sailors of the Vietnam WarHCGB Trooper #246Psalm 19 SocietyI can't really imagine experiencing the desire for multiple women; one has proven to be taxing enough as it is.Thanks Offy

Comment

Originally posted by daklander

THBv2.0's winter flipflops.

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

Originally posted by hippydj

where abouts in Okieland is ya from????

Well I've lived in Stillwater (OSU) for the past 3 years but I grew up in NW oklahoma
                    Originally Posted by eloydrummerboy

On average woodchucks weigh 4.5 - 9 lbs. I weigh 160 lbs and when I just started, I could maybe drink 7 beers and be pretty drunk. Chugging, will get you drunk faster so I'm saying I could have chugged 5 beers. Using the beer to weight relationships that have been taught to me in drivers education, we derive the equation 160/9 = 5/x. Solving for X we can estimate that if a woodchuck could chug bud, he'd be able to chug .28 Buds before passing out and getting drawn on by fellow woodchucks.

Comment

Originally posted by kongholiday

Well I've lived in Stillwater (OSU) for the past 3 years but I grew up in NW oklahoma

now I'm not alone with all these flip-flop wearin' SoCal guys

BTW Taylor, love your winter shoes

Comment

Working...
                      X