No announcement yet.

Help I can't see anything !

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I can't see anything !

Really, I can't see pictures, smilies, avatars or any other type of image. I'm even have to guess where the "post new thread" button is.

I'm using IE and when I fire up the innerweb at first I see everything but after a period of time the pictures don't show up.
    It can change even by clicking onto the next page of a thread AND it seems to be getting worse (happening more often).

I assume there is a setting in IE i need to change to view the links to pictures.

Does anyone know what it might be ?

Apreciation in adavnce an that THX

Are you using any sort of "web accelerator"??
    Thanks, and rock on!

Comment

no. not that I know of

Comment

Does this only occur on HC, or on all web pages?
        Thanks, and rock on!

Comment

it happens across all web pages but only after a while.
          For example it was working all right then stopped, so I shut IE down and restarted and it's working again :

Comment

Have you run a spyware and virus scan?
            GB #270 in perpetuity

That's what's so great about the Internet:
            It enables pompous blowhards like myself,
            to connect with other pompous blowhards
            in a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Comment

Yep, every week or so.Ran it tonight. Had the problem before and after.

thanks for your interest.

Comment

Since it gets at least temporarily better when you restart IE, it is possible that you don't have enough space allocated for the IE cache, in combination with possibly having your IE settings to only check for new versions of a website each time IE is started (rather than every time you visit a page).

You can check these settings by going to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS.

On the "General" tab, where is says "Temporary Internet Files", click on the "settings" button. From there, you might try making sure that it is set to check for new versions of stored pages every time you visit the page, and also move the slider to the right a bit to allow for more storage space for temporary files.
                Thanks, and rock on!

Comment

Since it gets at least temporarily better when you restart IE, it is possible that you don't have enough space allocated for the IE cache, in combination with possibly having your IE settings to only check for new versions of a website each time IE is started (rather than every time you visit a page).

You can check these settings by going to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS.

On the "General" tab, where is says "Temporary Internet Files", click on the "settings" button. From there, you might try making sure that it is set to check for new versions of stored pages every time you visit the page, and also move the slider to the right a bit to allow for more storage space for temporary files.
                  beat me to it...
                  "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Thanks fellas I've adjusted it and I'll see how it goes.

I appreciate you taking the time to help with this.

Comment

My internet was down for about a week and a half, then suddenly, for no apparent reason, it was back.

I believe it's called the perversity of the inanimate.
                      Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

My internet was down for about a week and a half, then suddenly, for no apparent reason, it was back.

I believe it's called the perversity of the inanimate.
                        in your case, leave out teh inanimate part...
                        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Working...
                        X