No announcement yet.

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Randolph and the Family Band

I just heard these cats for the 1st time. What an amazing musician!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4zpzEIdoPc
    Originally Posted by Loconzly

Kiss fan since 1976 here. I would take a drunk, bloated, sloppy, electrocuted, half-conscious, delusional Ace Frehley over Tommy Thayer any day of the week.

Good trades with Mikenothing, Ovid9, King Cad

Yep, I dig 'em.

Comment

They put on a great live show. If you get a chance to see them in a club they are known to invite players in the audience to come jam with them.
      Originally Posted by weebz

There's 2 types of people in this world. Civilians and Experts. JJ is the expert, the rest of us are cilvilians.

Originally Posted by LoopQuantum

OTOH, Nickelback is in my town tomorrow night. woot.

Comment

He is great live!

We saw him open for Robert Cray July of '07.

Didn't care as much for his newest album but I HIGHLY recommend Live at the Wetlands - only 6 tracks, but over 60 minutes of music and not a bad song on the album.
        GB #270 in perpetuity

That's what's so great about the Internet:
        It enables pompous blowhards like myself,
        to connect with other pompous blowhards
        in a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Comment

RR is great but I haven't heard anything different from him in 5 years.
          Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

I love Robert Randolph and the Family Band. Just got done watching some of his performances on Eric Clapton's Crossroads Festival. Amazing stuff.

Comment

I love his playing but none of the songs really do anything for me. If they had better material, they'd be monsters to recon with.
              http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

I love his playing but none of the songs really do anything for me. If they had better material, they'd be monsters to recon with.

Exactly! the whole novelty of the steel guitar through a Mesa Boogie has been kinda spent.

Oh and someone tell RR that SRV and KWS beat Voodoo Chile to death.
                Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

great stuff but can get burnt out on it....he rippin hard on kanye west at bonnaroo and it was hilarious
                  Guitars:G&L ASAT Bluesboy
                  Amp: Fender Deluxe
                  Effects(in use):
                  Fulltone Clyde Standard wah
                  Boss OC-3 octave
                  Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
                  HAZ Mu-Tron III+
                  TS9 w/MonteAllums trigain mod
                  Boss CS-3 w/MonteAllums+mod
                  RC-20(loop station)
                  MXR Micro Chorus
                  BYOC PingPong
                  Good Deals: danielboles , claudemorrow, conquertoascend, ringo11, Boomer, Gomez315, scott eave, emmerwood, torgeot

Comment

Working...
                  X