X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have u seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eDV4fJcRUI

this video is disturbing ............. in a freaky awesome guitar kinda way
    my new fav video!

What would you call it, it doesn't really fit my definition of music. The guy's got talent and manual dexterity that boarders on savaunte status, but I don't get it and my musical tastes are pretty ecclectic.
    If you play it and you like it, buy it, yours is the only opinion that matters, since yours is the only wallet being emptied.

Comment

amazing playing, but we're stuck in cliche territory here, bordering the point of ridiculousness...
      Originally posted by musicdog400
      Jesus would play in a Jewish Rock Band. The more I think about it the more he might qualify as a rock star. Really into peace and compassion, hanging out with drunks and prostitutes, and occasionally getting mad and turning over tables.

Past productions/Works in progress

Comment

Yeah kind of boring to me.
        Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

your all joking right? Shawn lane has got to be in the top three best in the world... i think no ones posting cause everyones already seen it and it blew their minds

Comment

The guy's a great player, but did very little to hold my attention after the 4 minute mark.

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

Yeah, he can shred and most definitely has fantastic chops, but that particular song was quite boring. Looked like typical shredder scale wanking to me.
              GB #270 in perpetuity

That's what's so great about the Internet:
              It enables pompous blowhards like myself,
              to connect with other pompous blowhards
              in a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Comment

Shawn lane has got to be in the top three best in the world...
                Wait...you are the one joking, right? You would put him over Holdsworth, DiMeola, Vai, Satch, Malmsteen, Johnson...
                "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

he's got skill but is kinda lame...there's no soul in it....just my opinion
                  Guitars:G&L ASAT Bluesboy
                  Amp: Fender Deluxe
                  Effects(in use):
                  Fulltone Clyde Standard wah
                  Boss OC-3 octave
                  Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
                  HAZ Mu-Tron III+
                  TS9 w/MonteAllums trigain mod
                  Boss CS-3 w/MonteAllums+mod
                  RC-20(loop station)
                  MXR Micro Chorus
                  BYOC PingPong
                  Good Deals: danielboles , claudemorrow, conquertoascend, ringo11, Boomer, Gomez315, scott eave, emmerwood, torgeot

Comment

Needs to get to a gym .... oke:
                    ~ Namaste ....
                    Yogi Robt

~ Love animals ... don't eat them ~

Comment

i find this kind of guitar playing lacks a lot of taste.
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOrangeDrop

Comment

I saw Shawn play with Black Oak Arkansas years ago when he was a teenager. He had a definite talent, but not what I enjoy hearing. For those who don't know, he passed away in a Memphis hospital in 2003, after suffering with several long term illnesses.
                        Proud member of the Les Paul Jr Crew

Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't going away - EP

Thanks, and rock on! - Your Harmony Central team

Comment

your all joking right? Shawn lane has got to be in the top three best in the world... i think no ones posting cause everyones already seen it and it blew their minds
                          \n
                          Um...yeah, whatever. None of us have ever seen great guitar players before....
                          http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

Working...
                          X