No announcement yet.

surveillance cameras

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surveillance cameras

I've been thinking about it for years and finally did it. I've heard the first thing people do after getting ripped off is install/beef up their security. I decided not to wait.
    This setup is amazing. 4 color cameras with infrared and motion detection. 80 gig hard drive - no tapes. with the motion detection it only records when something in the field is moving.
    All this for $600. Home owners goes down $100 a year by having it. I think our deductable is $1k on theft. I say no brainer.
    I'm not going the route of signs and fake cameras. If I was going to break into some place that had cameras I'd wear a mask and the first order of business once inside would be to find that recorder and destroy it.
    I'm going to hide it all. Let someone go about their thievery and I'll just turn a DVD over to the police.
    Nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. between the tools, guns and music stuff it would be a really good haul. I will have more peice of mind when I lock up and drive away.
    Ibanez Benson archtop
    Martin J40 M
    American Deluxe Strat
    Fender Jazz bass
    Yamaha 12 string
    bunch of old guitars in the barn.

Allright, let's go see what's around the next bend. I'm getting too old for this ****************.

I've had four cameras up at my place for a few years. Mine are hidden and there are no signs to let anyone know. I started out without motion detectors hooked up to them ........ wasted a bunch of tape. Finally got smart and added the detectors. I've had to use it once to get some of my stuff back and 3 or 4 times to help out a neighbor. Was a damn good investment.
    "When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power ......... then there will be peace."Jimi HendrixGB#256

Comment

I've had four cameras up at my place for a few years. Mine are hidden and there are no signs to let anyone know. I started out without motion detectors hooked up to them ........ wasted a bunch of tape. Finally got smart and added the detectors. I've had to use it once to get some of my stuff back and 3 or 4 times to help out a neighbor. Was a damn good investment.

That's what i'm talkin' bout.
      What he said
      Ibanez Benson archtop
      Martin J40 M
      American Deluxe Strat
      Fender Jazz bass
      Yamaha 12 string

Allright, let's go see what's around the next bend. I'm getting too old for this ****************.

Comment

before you get too happy, review the quality of the image from the cameras. We installed cameras here a while back, and the image quality is prettty bad...and the cops were really disappointed when we had a burglary and even though the idiots didn't wear masks, we could not get any facial details.
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

*plans new raid at the DM complex*

the pics on mine aren't the best, but so far they've worked out .......... but I would like to invest in some better ones and get them hooked into my computer. Just too lazy to go look at them.
          "When the power of love becomes more important than the love of power ......... then there will be peace."Jimi HendrixGB#256

Comment

I don't want any videotape evidence of me putting a cap in their ass.
            Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

I've been thinking about this too. I think the best deturrent is a loud ass siren that turns on when the circuit is opened and won't turn off for about 5 minutes or so! ..... and put the siren in the attic out of easy reach!

Comment

GB #270 in perpetuity

That's what's so great about the Internet:
                It enables pompous blowhards like myself,
                to connect with other pompous blowhards
                in a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Comment

I've been thinking about this too. I think the best deturrent is a loud ass siren that turns on when the circuit is opened and won't turn off for about 5 minutes or so! ..... and put the siren in the attic out of easy reach!
                  I've already seen these installed at Mt. Kwakkleberry.

GB #270 in perpetuity

Comment

Yeah but i'm a mile up a dead end dirt road. And there are no police in our town.
                    If a siren goes off and nobody is there to hear it does it make a sound?
                    Ibanez Benson archtop
                    Martin J40 M
                    American Deluxe Strat
                    Fender Jazz bass
                    Yamaha 12 string

Comment

before you get too happy, review the quality of the image from the cameras. We installed cameras here a while back, and the image quality is prettty bad...and the cops were really disappointed when we had a burglary and even though the idiots didn't wear masks, we could not get any facial details.

Right on DM. The resolution on the cameras suck. The guy at the store said I could bring them back. I'm going to move up a notch or two.
                      Ibanez Benson archtop
                      Martin J40 M
                      American Deluxe Strat
                      Fender Jazz bass
                      Yamaha 12 string

Comment

When the news around here shows bank robbers on surveillance cameras, the quality is always horrible.

Can you identify this suspect

GB #270 in perpetuity

Comment

When the news around here shows bank robbers on surveillance cameras, the quality is always horrible.

Can you identify this suspect

Ask Ashley Todd.

No offense intended, but (see above) . . .

Old is the new new.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
                          -Dorothy Parker

Comment

Ask Ashley Todd.

Note to self: remember mirror reverses images
                            GB #270 in perpetuity

Comment

If a siren goes off and nobody is there to hear it does it make a sound?

If my wife bitches about me and I'm not home, am I still in trouble?

The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

Working...
                              X