No announcement yet.

DTV-longish rant

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All too true.

I was at an intimate Christmas dinner party, where Joe Biden was also a guest. My lawyer was his former law partner.

I chided Biden about his brother, "Jimmy The Junkie" (was a dealer, as well as a user).

Apparently, Joe had everything regarding Jimmy expunged.

Also, Mathews and his ilk are mere "commentators" ... not journalists.

How on god's green earth did I miss this???

I am feeling so much ardent toward Sir Robert I'm wiggling in my pants.

A man among men.
    Originally Posted by BlueStrat
    You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
    After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

We're fortunate we'll always have you on the front lines, holding their feet to the fire.

Dunno 'bout that ....

I was a resident of Delaware for several years. I had never met Biden prior to that Christmas dinner. I remember asking Biden about something on the buffet table ... and he informed me it was "steak tartar". "Looks like raw hamburger to me", I replied. Also, I'm a vegetarian, so I explained when he was trying to urge me to try it. I told him I did vote for him, because his opponent was a moron, not because I was a Democrat. He didn't reply, but seemed uncomfortable with the way the conversation was going.

Coincidently, a former employee of mine later (upon completing college) went to work for Biden, as an aide of some-sort.

Small world ....
      ~ Namaste ....
      Yogi Robt

~ Love animals ... don't eat them ~

Comment

I am feeling so much ardent toward Sir Robert I'm wiggling in my pants.

The "Sir"-stuff is a little over-the-top, but I appreciate the accolades. My friends call me "Mister Rowe" .

BTW -- Do you wear pants that are a size-or-two too large? Might solve that wiggling condition.
        ~ Namaste ....
        Yogi Robt

Comment

The "Sir"-stuff is a little over-the-top, but I appreciate the accolades. My friends call me "Mister Rowe" .

BTW -- Do you wear pants that are a size-or-two too large? Might solve that wiggling condition.

I'm certain you'll be Knighted or something very soon.

And as for my pants, my ass is like two tons of fun, so yeah, I gotta wear 'em big.

After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

my ass is like two tons of fun

Oh, no!
            ~ Namaste ....
            Yogi Robt

Comment

She laces her TP with cayenne pepper for excitement. Gotta get some action somewhere!

And FWIW, her hiney may be two ton o' fun, but it isn't two tons--maybe not even two pounds!
              http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

WOW! Talk about a hijacked thread!

It's the CJ way!
                http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

She laces her TP with cayenne pepper for excitement. Gotta get some action somewhere!

W00 H00!!!!

You should see the size of the jars I get at Costco. I've started getting some strange looks in the past few months.

It's always the only thing in my cart.

Comment

... her hiney may be two ton o' fun, but it isn't two tons--maybe not even two pounds!

Hmmmm ....

Was thinking about this subject earlier ... see my post-topic I just started, "What age for women to stop wearing jeans?"
                    ~ Namaste ....
                    Yogi Robt

Comment

Good homework, BS.

Apparently, he abandoned his former gig. A true journalist seeks out both sides of a story. Not something Matthews does any longer ... for sure, for sure.

well, sadly the concept of journalistic integrity went out the window years ago when ad space superceded new items in newspapers...and modern broadcast journalism is not journalism by any stretch of the concept. IMHO, of course.
                      So to think for one moment that what passes itself off as a news programming on the cable services is actually 'the news', rather than propaganda, to me is laughable. Bias is inevitable, and even the print media has a long history of supporting one candidate over another, thereby allowing the concept of unbiased reporting to burn like Atlanta when Sherman passed through.
                      What is worse, is that rather than look at the actual footage of events, or reasearch the information for themselves and form their own opinions, many people are willing to just accept the version they are told about by these 'commentaters'...
                      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Working...
                      X