Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody but me having trouble with emoticons?

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody but me having trouble with emoticons?

I upgraded to Firefox 3.0.4 and now can't enter emoticons from the menu. Is this Firefox or good ol' HC?
    NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

I upgraded to Firefox 3.0.4 and now can't enter emoticons from the menu. Is this Firefox or good ol' HC?

I have FF 3.0.4 and the smilies work fine for me.

But then again I'm using a Windows machine.
    Originally Posted by BlueStrat
    You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
    After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

must be that Mac...
      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

You are really hurting me! I still love you, but watch it!
        NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

Comment

It worked fine before. Must be the new FF is not quite opitimal for Macs. Wouldn't be the first time we were taken for granted. We still have the best computers! And I don't need no stinking emoticon crutches anyway! *gazes lovingly at his needle sharp 24" screen and completely silent machine*

Comment

I keep my emoticons bottled up deep inside me.
            It's not about money or popularity , although some money would be nice.

Comment

I keep my emoticons bottled up deep inside me.

If you're ever prepared to let them all out, we'll be here for you.

After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

You are really hurting me! I still love you, but watch it!

You still love me or daddymack?

*covers eyes*

Comment

I love you both! In spite of your giving me **************** at every opportunity! I'm trying to love everybody these days. Well, not OJ Simpson or George Bush, maybe. Or Ms. Palin. But people I know - friends - neighbors - relatives. When meeting friends lately I've taken to giving then a kiss (chaste - on the cheek) because, you know, friends, love, laughter, and music is where its at and what it is! This emoticon problem is restricted to HC. Smilies work at Pick Your Poison and the Agile Owners forum.

Comment

Also, the return key looks like it works when composing the post, but as you can see from the above, the retrns don't "take".

Comment

I love you both! In spite of your giving me **************** at every opportunity! I'm trying to love everybody these days. Well, not OJ Simpson or George Bush, maybe. Or Ms. Palin. But people I know - friends - neighbors - relatives. When meeting friends lately I've taken to giving then a kiss (chaste - on the cheek) because, you know, friends, love, laughter, and music is where its at and what it is!

dirty hippy

oke:

Comment

I love you both! In spite of your giving me **************** at every opportunity! I'm trying to love everybody these days. Well, not OJ Simpson or George Bush, maybe. Or Ms. Palin. But people I know - friends - neighbors - relatives. When meeting friends lately I've taken to giving then a kiss (chaste - on the cheek) because, you know, friends, love, laughter, and music is where its at and what it is! This emoticon problem is restricted to HC. Smilies work at Pick Your Poison and the Agile Owners forum.
                        Now, SB, you know darned well I'm an equal opportunity ****************-giver
                        But, in the final analysis, you have conceded my point, that it could be an issue with the Mac...
                        it's okay, don't apologize, I am pretty thick-skinned...
                        As to the kissing thing...as long as you've had all your shots...

and whatever yo udo, don't tell THB there is an Agile Owners forum, or he will join just to troll it...
                        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

It's not a Mac deal per se or the other sites wouldn't work either. It must be a FF+HJ deal. You guys fix your end and let's see what happens!

Comment

dirty hippy

oke:

Well, true enough!

Wow, look at that!

It's fixed! Just by restarting the computer! Always a good tactic for any computer problem!

Comment

Well, true enough!

Wow, look at that!

It's fixed! Just by restarting the computer! Always a good tactic for any computer problem!

You are teh genyus.

The other tactic is to smash it through a window.

Comment

Working...
                              X