No announcement yet.

damn!

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn!

i just ground a divot into my left index finger on my grinder while making a magic wand for my grandson. no guitar playing for awhile!

don't ask
    NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

F*** 'em if they can't take a joke!

i just ground a divot into my left index finger on my grinder while making a magic wand for my grandson. no guitar playing for awhile!

don't ask

That'll learn you to not practice witchcraft.
    Originally Posted by BlueStrat
    You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
    After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

That sucks!

I rammed a vertical grain fir sliver up under my ring finger nail on my left hand a few days ago and had to gig last night. Grr!

I have to watch it because any infection that gets in my blood can settle in my fake knee area and cause some real problems. I can't even go to the dentisyt for a routine cleaning without first taking antibiotics....
      http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

if it was really a magic wand...you would be able to fix your finger....
        "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Well, thanks for the sympathy, SGV & DM.

Took the first bandage off today, and it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be when I did it and looked down into the meat of the finger pad with the arterial blood welling out. Got kinda' shocky, but with wife's tender first aid and a magic cookie, I chilled and it's better today.

And palm sides of hands heal fast.

And I can still practice my timbales!
          NOTE: The absence of smilies in this post should not be taken to mean that I think your post is stupid, nor that I loath, despise, or hate you; nor that I disrespect you and all your works; nor that I see you as victim or lawful prey; nor think you have the intellect of half a loaf of bread; nor that I find you disgusting or unworthy or otherwise hate your behavior, opinions, politics, gender, sexual orientation, culture, ethnic background or language.

Comment

Too bad man......but HEY ! ......you can still practice your slide playing.
            http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=661750

http://billygeorgeblues.com/

Comment

True! I can and have!

I wonder why I don't improve?

Comment

That sucks!

I rammed a vertical grain fir sliver up under my ring finger nail on my left hand a few days ago and had to gig last night. Grr!

I have to watch it because any infection that gets in my blood can settle in my fake knee area and cause some real problems. I can't even go to the dentisyt for a routine cleaning without first taking antibiotics....

That Doug Fir is some brittle ****************! A couple years back I had a contract to supply a restoration project with 36 4-panel doors, prehung w/Victorian style casings, plus 1500lf of 8" base including cap and shoe, and around 3000lf of Vic-style window casing w/built up crown heads, all in VG DF.

I had 6000bf of Fir to process. By the 3rd week of the job, my hands were really sore from being a pin cushion, so to speak. I was glad when that project was over, and it was a good thing I wasn't playing at the time, because I don't believe I would have been able to.
                http://www.soundclick.com/daveheinlein

Comment

Well, thanks for the sympathy, SGV & DM.

I'll be here all day. Try the veal.
                  Originally Posted by BlueStrat
                  You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
                  After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

Sorry to hear that, Bob. I did a dumb thing Friday and pushed a pushpin through my finger with the pin resting under my nail. Right hand middle finger so not a high demand digit unless I'm in traffic! Dooh! Yeah, felt like a dumbass.
                    Just call me Es'Jo'
                    HCGB Agent #108

That's what I like about you, Es'Jo'...ya got taste! -Daddymack

Comment

I tried to sand the skin off my knuckle while I was making a new pedalboard last week. Sanded the nail down to where it's razor thin, too.
                      Originally Posted by SwampMusic

Never underestimate the perversity of inanimate objects. Their sole purpose is to confound, confuse and generally frustrate the living.

Comment

Now I'm carving the handle of the wand - kind of art nouveau bas relief design in mountain mahogany, one of the world's hardest woods (although this piece is fresh and rather soft).

Using the several little chisels I've scrounged from dentists and made over the years. Anyone care to bet on whether I'll run one of them into my palm?

Comment

Must be a geezer thing. I changed a set of strings on Sunday and gave myself "needle" pricks on three different fingers. Then later I was trying to fix the return spring on my hose nozzle and drove a screwdriver into my thumb. I almost had the full set of finger injuries.
                          Website http://forcepics.net63.net

Comment

Now I'm carving the handle of the wand - kind of art nouveau bas relief design in mountain mahogany, one of the world's hardest woods (although this piece is fresh and rather soft).

Using the several little chisels I've scrounged from dentists and made over the years. Anyone care to bet on whether I'll run one of them into my palm?

I ordered you a pair of these, SB...
                            "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Thanks DM, but a real man would no more use one of those than he would wear a pink feather boa! (mine's violet!)

Comment

Working...
                              X