Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went to a Gordon Lightfoot concert last night.

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to a Gordon Lightfoot concert last night.

so I thought I'd post a nice, relevent, photo...

I still get requests for the song.
    The Taylor Harvey Band

The THB myspace page

Comment

I like Gordon Lightfoot. I was 12 when this song came out and I liked it then and I still like it now.

Originally Posted by BlueStrat
      You, on the other hand, are like the third ex wife I never had!

Originally posted by daddymack
      After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

It's supposedly about Cathy Smith, Belushi's last speedball injector.
        Originally Posted By Trace-P38
        Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
        Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
        Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

It's supposedly about Cathy Smith, Belushi's last speedball injector.

Well, except that the song came out in 1974. Maybe it was predicting the future? oke:
          http://www.patcoast.com"The guy would be strumming along, singing the verse to “Margarittavile” and then he would hit his harmonizer pedal for the chorus. It went from sounding like a guy singing and playing guitar to sounding like the Stephen Hawkings trio."-Christhee68" the singer of my cover band used to find it funny to let out gaseous forms of vile hate and sadness that would make a plaster baby Jesus weep."- FitchFY

Comment

Well, except that the song came out in 1974. Maybe it was predicting the future? oke:

She "got around" in celebrity circles. The tune wasn't about the Belushi incident.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathy_Smith
            Originally Posted By Trace-P38
            Flogger wins.

Originally Posted by Uma Floresta View Post
            Because we floggers won the music war some time ago.

Originally Posted by Mike Riley View Post
            Preaching to the choir Rush in on a whole different level to quote a movie You might listen to Rush but you cant here Rush

http://www.box.net/shared/x85lhnst14

Comment

Well, shoot, that song came out when I was seven. Musta been around 12 that I first started hearing it on the radio, as I was branching out musically, leaving my parent's Nat King Cole behind.

After reading this thread numerous times, I am now becoming convinced that based on the life I have led so far, that I will wind up in Raleigh, NC when I die, for all eternity...

Comment

June of 1974...that and 'Air That I Breathe'...all I heard for three days driving across the USA from LA to Pittsburgh in a 28' U-Haul with an AM radio...

anyone remember the 2nd City bit about Gordon Light Foot sings every song ever written? (they pulled the youtube or I would have posted it...)
                "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

anyone remember the 2nd City bit about Gordon Light Foot sings every song ever written? (they pulled the youtube or I would have posted it...)

I was just thinking of that when I read the original post.

Every song he sings sounds like "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".

Hilarious!
                  Michael D. www.mdlmusic.webs.com "I'm tired of rock-and-rolling Let's get married, Honey, let's go bowling" --Martin Mull

Comment

I was just thinking of that when I read the original post.

Every song he sings sounds like "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald".

Hilarious!

Hmmm! After the concert, my wife said that except for a few of the more popular songs he performed that were fairly distinctive, a lot of it sounded an awful lot alike to her.

I guess I would agree for the most part, but I still like 'Don Qixote' the best of all his work.

Comment

There is a distinctive quality to his voice that eventually becomes almost a monotone. I saw him a couple times live (in Canada and NY in the late 60s/early 70s), but only for maybe one set. I don't mean to diss the guy, but after 35 minutes...it wears on me.
                      "We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to reality fluctuations. The elves are working tirelessly to patch the correct version of reality. Activities here have been temporarily disabled since the fundamentals of mathematics, physics and reason may be incomprehensible during this indeterminate period of instability. Normal service will be restored once we are certain as to what 'normal' is."

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally used up and worn out, shouting '...man, what a ride!'

"The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively" ~Bob Marley

Solipsism is the new empiricism. -Alan Burdick

Comment

Well, shoot, that song came out when I was seven. Musta been around 12 that I first started hearing it on the radio,

I guess now U R gonna say U were 2!
                        It seems like every 4 or 5 post you drop about 5 years!

Comment

I guess now U R gonna say U were 2!
                          It seems like every 4 or 5 post you drop about 5 years!

I know how old I am, and it's a lot younger than you.

Comment

Age is a virtue!

And hell if I dropped five years every so many post, I'd catch up you........

Comment

And hell if I dropped five years every so many post, I'd catch up you........

SHADDUP!

Comment

Working...
                              X