The ultimate guitar plug ins, Amplitube, guitar rig, and a few hardware, 1101, hd500

Delirium trigger

• Members

I own, amplitude 3 and it blows my mind just how good it sounds in the studio. If you have good monitors, mixing skills, and possible a sub, the 5150 sim is flat amazing. The effects are better than most effects units I've used. I am about to try out the demo of guitar rig 5 to see how it compares. What do you guys think?

I also own an HD500 and an 1101. The Hd500 on youtube sounds amazing. My HD500 sounds nothing like what I hear on Youtube. Unless it's in a mix and I spend a lot of time on it. Also the OD pedals do not work great on it.

The Hd500 however does make a great midi controller for amplitude 3.

Post your recordings with guitar rig, amplitude, or any free plug ins, I would like to hear hi gain metal stuff, and clean stuff. I bought the Fender Twin and Engl power ball on amplitude, running through the orange cabinet it sounds really good.

Yet, I still want to know what's best. I tried revolver and it only does a few things well. I didn't like it too much. I think the reason I like amplitude better than the Hd500, is the HD500 still sounds way too digital. The amplitude sims sounds more like the real amp, recorded. Of course it doesn't feel like the real amp, but it sounds like a recorded version of it.

With all these tools available to me I am trying to find what I want to use on the next EP I am recording. I love to see examples.

Archived