Polarized vs Non-Polarized high tech guitars

Oyaji

• Members

sorry guys, but I'm an OJer that got lost.

As for the general theme of high tech guitars, it's a great idea, but...

Well you know guitarists. Our idea of high tech is a reverse wound middle pickup. But only if it was wound by a 70 year old grandmother that wound keif's first pickup, and the epitome of current high tech guitar technology is to recreate a guitar first introduced in 1950 all the way to figuring out what type of wear would be consistent with a guitar that has been played for 60+ years.

• Members
Well you know guitarists. Our idea of high tech is a reverse wound middle pickup. But only if it was wound by a 70 year old grandmother that wound keif's first pickup, and the epitome of current high tech guitar technology is to recreate a guitar first introduced in 1950 all the way to figuring out what type of wear would be consistent with a guitar that has been played for 60+ years.

:cop: I think the creation of this new high tech guitar forum indicates that there are moves being made in the direction of applying modern digital technology in serious ways. Axe-fx, gibson's digital guitar, computer based stuff that guys like anderton are using, etc. I've heard some good stuff about guitar rig, too. I think your ideas about guitarists and technology are quite wrong.

• Members

Well, I agree that by and large, guitarists tend to be fairly conservative. But this whole high-tech guitar thing is picking up steam, as the participation in this forum shows. The way I see it, high-tech guitar isn't about replacing traditional guitar any more than a synth replaces a piano...but about giving a whole lot more options. I can get sounds with Dark Fire I really can't get any other way, and I like 'em a lot :)

• Members

Just a FYI -

There is an International standard for Screwdrivers.

Some applications require a "positive" Screwdriver, while other applications require a "negative" screwdriver.

Here's the "rest of the story" :

"Positive" Screwdrivers = Phillips screwdriver

"Negative" Screwdrivers = standard Blade screwdriver

Archived