Need help getting Behringer Guitar Link to work

Lemony

• Members

I bought a Behringer Guitar Link probably a year ago and have never been able to get it to work.

It shows it as installed and I select it but I never hear any sound. I am using Win 7.

Thanks for any tips on getting it to work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, that doesn't give us much to go by...but, it's an ASIO device, which means it needs its own drivers. These are available here.

Installing under Windows has to be done in a specific way. You install the driver with the device unplugged, then after the driver is installed, you connect the hardware and that completes the installation process. I would suggest uninstalling the Guitar Link and starting over following the guidelines above.

Then, you have to make sure you select its ASIO driver in whatever host program your using (DAW, stand-alone sim like POD Frame, etc.).

Does that help?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I've got the same problem. Your reply sounds promising but I've done the install as you suggest. Actually midway through the driver install it asks for the device to be plugged in, which I did, of course. Audacity can see the device but fails to record from it or even monitor levels when selected.

Power Sound Editor can't even see it.

My old SoundForge4.5 says the device doesn't support some parameter - sound forge's 8 or 16 bit I think, probably, Behringer is 32 bit, right?

Would you have any further advice to offer that might help me?

What's this "(DAW, stand-alone sim like POD Frame, etc.)" about? Excuse my ignorance but I understand none of it. Is it software that should work with Behringer.

And, lastly, my Behringer Guitar Link was bought super cheap from eBay, has no serial number (just a label saying 'serial number') and doesn't say "Behringer" on it - just 'Guitar Link'. Could it be that such cheap copies actually frequently malfunction?

Archived