Craig Anderton's "Sweeter Amp Sim Tone with Multi-Miking" tips in July Guitar Player

Brian @ IK

• Members

I want to recommend everyone check out Craig's latest article in Guitar Player magazine. It's short but sweet (even the title says so!) :)

There is a tip for AmpliTube 3 in there that is just awesome.

I won't give it away, but I tried it, and when I finished the last step, I jumped back and said "Wow!"

Really great stuff, Craig, thanks!

It sounded particularly good on the new Orange Thunderverb 200 model we just added to the Custom Shop.

• Members

Glad you liked it, Brian. Being able to throw things out of phase is very helpful, that's the key to both the AmpliTube tip and Guitar Rig tip in the article.

BTW I have an even better trick...it's hardware...there's a thread about transient control in my forum. Check it out. I don't know if it's the "Holy Grail" for amp sim tone, but it's pretty close.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes. I talked about it with a manufacturer at Summer NAMM, and there just might be a product coming out soon :) Although it's kind of an amp sim thing, I'm looking for a company for it that doesn't make amp sims...you'll see why when/if it comes out.

Archived