Fishman wireless midi guitar converter?

Russian Hammer

• Members

What ever happened to this? I've been looking for some alternative to the Axon products. Is it ever going to come out? I think it was called the WGS6000 or something. Hopefully someone will show a new guitar to midi interface at NAMM!!!!!

Are you talking about the one that was built by the guy that made the axon? It was supposed to be made by Fishman, that is true. But I asked Fishman Electrionics in an email when they were releasing this product and they were very unhelpful.

All they said was to basically keep checking their website. Which I have and of course there has been no mention of it! So I gave up on it a long time ago.

I figured it should be out by now, as they have a video on youtube of the axon builder's prototype with him playing it.

But frankly, I figure if it is not released by now, chances are it never will be. It has been a VERY long time since he made that prototype. So I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it to be released.

It would have been a great thing if it was released, but I just cannot figure out WHY it has taken so long.

Oh well, maybe some other company will pickup where the axon left off.

• Members

No.1 baby.

High tech guitar.

I'd buy a wireless midi system. Especially if it came from axon. I use an Axon AX 50 but am dreading the day it breaks...

Now there's those new fangled guitar midi controllers that effectively removed the glitches. Faster synth leads were simply not as accessible relative to a keyboard. Maybe they didn't complete the project simply because there's better ways to use a "guitar" to control synths and they know it.

• Members

I got a hold of Mr. Salazay (the guy that created the Axon stuff and also created the Fishman prototype that they were showing last year) and he got back to me last week. He said the Fishman WGS 6000 will be debuting at Namm this year. I couldn't get an exact release date out of him but he said it wouldn't be quite right after NAMM, so hopefully it's nearby. I have kindly asked a NAMM attendee at the Jackson forum to stop by the Fishman booth and grab some pics, video, and hopefully get more detailed release date and pricing info about it.

Everyone bombard Fishman with inquiries once it debuts haha :D

• Members

I got a hold of Mr. Salazay (the guy that created the Axon stuff and also created the Fishman prototype that they were showing last year) and he got back to me last week. He said the Fishman WGS 6000 will be debuting at Namm this year. I couldn't get an exact release date out of him but he said it wouldn't be quite right after NAMM, so hopefully it's nearby. I have kindly asked a NAMM attendee at the Jackson forum to stop by the Fishman booth and grab some pics, video, and hopefully get more detailed release date and pricing info about it.

Everyone bombard Fishman with inquiries once it debuts haha
:D

Thanks DC. Looking forward to seeing some demos and pics!

• Members

I saw a prototype at Frankfurt last year (or was it two years ago...trade shows sort of blend into each other). Reeves Gabrels was there and turned me on to it, he's really into this stuff.

Anyway, what I hear is Fishman won't put it on the market until they're convinced that it will meet expectations - both theirs, and that of guitar players :) I have to say that even in its prototype form, it was impressive but I haven't seen it in action since then.

• Members

I saw a prototype at Frankfurt last year (or was it two years ago...trade shows sort of blend into each other). Reeves Gabrels was there and turned me on to it, he's really into this stuff.

Anyway, what I hear is Fishman won't put it on the market until they're convinced that it will meet expectations - both theirs, and that of guitar players
:)
I have to say that even in its prototype form, it was impressive but I haven't seen it in action since then.

Please keep us updated on what you find out at NAMM!!!

• Members

Everyone bombard Fishman with inquiries once it debuts haha
:D

Well I am glad that Mr. Salazay is still going to put this on the market. Though it has been a VERY long time coming!

Still, it would be nice to have a backup to my axon ax 100 mark II! Because if that thing ever breaks down, I would not know where I could get it fixed at, with it being out of production and all!

• Members

Anyway, what I hear is Fishman won't put it on the market until they're convinced that it will meet expectations - both theirs, and that of guitar players
:)
I have to say that even in its prototype form, it was impressive but I haven't seen it in action since then.

I like the sound of this "meeting expectations" thing they're working on.

• Members

Fellow forumer at the Jackson forum snapped a couple pics of it yesterday! Looks amazing (much better than the prototype version! Street price under $300!

PS- the official name is the Fishman Triple Play

Well! It looks like they FINALLY have a product! Took them long enough. For under 300 bucks? Count me in!

• Members

I've gotta say, I'm not huge on the whole magnets thing... There's something to be said about the piece of mind knowing it's going to stay on there come hell or high water.

Seems like it tracks very well though. :thu:

The AX 50 may be hitting the shelf quicker than I was expecting...

• Members

Looks nice, but what about those of us who already have a hexaphonic pickup? We need a separate converter. That would be the new Axon.

I've read that by the time it comes to production, they'll have some options for that. Fishman have said that they're open to suggestions for final production.

Archived