Going stereo with my 2 amps

Nagesha11

• Members

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone can help me do this. I have a bunch of pedals that end up going through a fulltone Choral flange stereo pedal, then into an ernie ball stereo pedal and then into my 2 carr amps ( a rambler and the imperial). I don't seem to be in stereo but am not sure what I am doing wrong. If you need more info let me know. Thanks!

Rob

• Members

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone can help me do this. I have a bunch of pedals that end up going through a fulltone Choral flange stereo pedal, then into an ernie ball stereo pedal and then into my 2 carr amps ( a rambler and the imperial). I don't seem to be in stereo but am not sure what I am doing wrong. If you need more info let me know. Thanks!

Rob

Seperate the two amps as far from each other as you can, then play right between them...if it's not "stereo" at that point, your Choral flange may be the problem.

• Members

Can you tell me some of the things that I'm listening for to tell me whether I'm in stereo or not? Does the ChoralFlange need to be on to be in stereo? I tried what you suggested with my flange on and it does seem that there is some back and forth happening.

• Members

The best way to tell is to use a panner or ping pong delay setting on one of your effects - the motion should be very apparent. Stereo chorus or flange may not have as apparent a "back and forth" effect and so it may be hard to tell if you are getting a stereo signal (though once you do and then compare it to a mono signal, you'll realize why so many chorus units are stereo - it sounds much bigger and roomier in stereo. Same thing with rotary sims - they usually sound much better in stereo).

Archived