Piano Loops?

BeanoBoy

• Members

I'm a guitarist with limited keyboard chops. I have am-Audio midi controller. Very often I'd like some piano parts on my original songs. The time and trouble it takes to record piano stuff is frustrating. Anybody know of a software that has piano loops in many styles where the key and tempo can be changed?

• Members

Hey dude. That's fantastic that EZ Keys works perfectly for you. I just saw the title as I was scrolling down the main page, didn't know you'd already hooked something up, but I would also recommmed Logic Pro 9, it comes with 20,000 loops of all kinds of instruments and genres, many of which are solo piano loops in different genres, and you can change the pitch without changing the tempo and vice versa really easily, and you can just drag and drop them into whatever you're doing from a menu right in Logic.

There are also many companies out there that make loop sets, some of which are solo piano loops...they are usually all in one genre, but you may want to check out Big Fish Audio, Producer Loops, Prime Loops, etc. etc.

• Members

Hey dude. That's fantastic that EZ Keys works perfectly for you. I just saw the title as I was scrolling down the main page, didn't know you'd already hooked something up, but I would also recommmed Logic Pro 9, it comes with 20,000 loops of all kinds of instruments and genres, many of which are solo piano loops in different genres, and you can change the pitch without changing the tempo and vice versa really easily, and you can just drag and drop them into whatever you're doing from a menu right in Logic.

There are also many companies out there that make loop sets, some of which are solo piano loops...they are usually all in one genre, but you may want to check out Big Fish Audio, Producer Loops, Prime Loops, etc. etc.

Thanks! You can never have too many loops.

• Members

Thanks! You can never have too many loops.

Hellyeah man couldn't agree more!!!! For me it's drums, it's just SO much easier to drag and drop 'em than to either program them or try to tap them out on the 88's...I also get inspiration from loops and have built whole songs around them....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Are these loops landing in your final product? If so, does that not feel like you're maybe selling yourself short? Or are they just little inspiration tid-bits getting you to re-produce the piano parts?

I mean.... you don't find too many paint-by-numbers pieces in art galleries.

• Members

Are these loops landing in your final product? If so, does that not feel like you're maybe selling yourself short? Or are they just little inspiration tid-bits getting you to re-produce the piano parts?

I mean.... you don't find too many paint-by-numbers pieces in art galleries.

That's the beauty of music; the creator can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

If he chooses to use a commercially produced loop that was recorded by a studio musician somewhere.... why would that be any less honorable than hiring a studio musician to lay down a part?

The way I see it, it's all about the end product.

When a world-class chef prepares a dish, few people ask or care whether he personally grew and prepared all his own ingredients; the final product is testament to his ability and creativity. So what if he used commercially produced butter instead of churning it by hand? Who cares?

I don't see why music should be viewed any differently. The composer is simply building it piece-by-piece.....adding colors to a sonic palette, if you will. If he chooses to use parts that came from somewhere else.....so be it. If he can sit back and the end of the day and feel some level of satisfaction with the music he created....that's what really matters.

Maybe some other people will like it, as well....and that's great. There will also be people who don't like it, or disagree with the way it was created.....and that's okay too.

• Members

That's the beauty of music; the creator can do whatever the hell he wants with it.

If he chooses to use a commercially produced loop that was recorded by a studio musician somewhere.... why would that be any less honorable than hiring a studio musician to lay down a part?

The way I see it, it's all about the end product.

When a world-class chef prepares a dish, few people ask or care whether he personally grew and prepared all his own ingredients; the final product is testament to his ability and creativity. So what if he used commercially produced butter instead of churning it by hand? Who cares?

I don't see why music should be viewed any differently. The composer is simply building it piece-by-piece.....adding colors to a sonic palette, if you will. If he chooses to use parts that came from somewhere else.....so be it. If he can sit back and the end of the day and feel some level of satisfaction with the music he created....that's what really matters.

Maybe some other people will like it, as well....and that's great. There will also be people who don't like it, or disagree with the way it was created.....and that's okay too.

+INFINITY...I use loops all the time...some times just for inspiration, some times cuz it's easier than programming them (as I mentinoed, ESPECIALLY with drums)...what's the harm in using something that you have an idea of in your head but makes finishing the final product much quicker and easier?

Archived