I need a Guitar To USB connector

xtrem1337

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

A used Fender Mustang 1, Version 1 amp will be about $50-$70,

provides both usb, and 1/8 inch headphone/line out.

A new Mustang 1 Version 2 amp, is $120, or less on sale.

Contact support at Fender, if a used gear seller does not have the software bundle,

and they will get you sorted, but you don't need it to use the amp as an input device.

Choose one of the three channels, red, green, yellow,

and use the buttons/knobs to turn off fx/modulations, and store

some unaffected presets to use with software fx chains.

Mustangs also have a line-in to play backing tracks on a clean channel.

And the sound can be stellar, with carefully crafted sounds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

How bout one of these for $8

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-New-Guitar-to-USB-Interface-Link-Cable-PC-MAC-Recording-Record-with-CD-Driver/585538243.html

You'd be better off with one of these especially if you want to mic an amp. No phantom power for condenser mics but it does come with Cubase LE.  http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Alpha?device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CJvi0Ozu9rwCFcZZ7AodQgsAsg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I assume you're talking about an interface and not a HEX style pickup for driving soft synths?

You could just get an M audio or focusrite interface. You could even spring for something like an allen heath zed 10 if you wanted more of a mixer format.

• Members

You want a recording interface. $100 may get you one but your better budget ones sell for around $150

for a two channel that will let you plug a guitar and mic in at the same time.

The lowest priced one I've seen new is like the Lexicon Alpha.

It comes with Cubase LE too which is the other thing you'll need

You do need a DAW program that will see the interface to record.

Then you'll also need monitors to mix what you record.

There are some free DAW programs available too as well as plugin effects.

I do suggest you do some homework though. Because you are asking these questions it

suggests you need to study your basics a bit. This site is a basic tutorial site for what's involved

getting your own home studio going.

http://tweakheadz.com/guide-to-home-and-project-music-studios/

Be sure you read every category on the left. Even if you don't understand it all covering the chapters, plow through

reading it all. If it doesn't make sense now, it will later. This is like the ABC's of what you have to know.

You can go deeper but anything less and you wont have much of a clue to what you're doing. Sales people will lead you

around with a ring through your nose and baffle you with BS.

Once you've gone through it you'll have a much clearer idea of what "you" need to know about making purchases.

Getting advice from others when there are maybe 50 different beginners interfaces out there may be great for them and bad for you.

Lastly do some research on any buy before you make it. Don't just look at the sales adds. Dig up the dirt as well and find out why

people were unhappy with the product. If it was just because they were stupid and bought the wrong thing, that's not the fault of the product.

If you find everyone who owns it cant upgrade the drivers to the latest version of windows - that is a major problem. There a reason that unit sold

for peanuts because its incompatible with newer operating systems.

Make sure your software meets your computer specs too. Something like Sonar X1 will work with XP, and Sonar X2 & 3 require Win 7 or 8.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Line6 UX1 is a good device, the older red version is the same hardware as the new black unit. See if you can find one of those, they're much cheaper used. I use one with Guitar Rig 5 and it sounds very good. It has a latency of 15.4 ms which is do able unless you're a real fast player.

• Members
Line6 UX1 is a good device' date=' the older red version is the same hardware as the new black unit. See if you can find one of those, they're much cheaper used. I use one with Guitar Rig 5 and it sounds very good. It has a latency of 15.4 ms which is do able unless you're a real fast player.[/quote']

Thanks!

Archived