Advice for increasing range?

Music Is All

• Members

I'm looking to practice vocal scales, just anything that can increase my range, fluidity, and power, I'm self-taught, and will be open to any suggestions, but I'm mainly looking for specific exercises to increase my range.

I can sing specific syllables very, very well, but there are others I cannot, and specific notes I can't hit smoothly, that's what I'm looking to improve, thanks ahead of time!

• Members

Big troubles with singing head voice for start, but the transition from O sounds to higher A, transitions UN general, not all but a few, I don't know them all, but that's what I mean, I just want to improve overall, be able to improv in certain songs. I've got no problem with key, I can always land in key, but whether or not I like the tone/smoothness/or lack of head voice is the main thing I want to improve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

if you're struggling with control then you'd better get that sorted out first. i wouldn't worry about vowels or other stuff yet. because guess what singing all those different vowel sounds require? better control! are you able to control going from chest to head repeatedly without struggling or sounding like a different person?

get that done first.

there are a lot of free lessons out there and i strongly believe that for the basics of singing you really don't need to spend too much money in the beginning.

if you want my recommendations please visit one of my older replies here:

Voice-not-improving

good info for free, just the way i started out. good luck and happy singing.

Archived