Singing sample to critique help me with.

b_f_c_99

• Members

uhh, you have a lot of work to do. not a whole lot specifics "wrong" per say, but it oozes "beginner-ness." You're not comfortable in your voice, and it shows in the tone, pitch, etc.

the big things to work on are breath support and getting comfortable with those {censored}ing intervals.

but your voice has a lot of potential to have a very nice tone, u can tell.

• Members

Thanks Duke, I've for the last couple weeks I've been doing everything with either cans or monitors, getting to where I don't cringe when I hear my voice, breath support is hard, now and then I manage to let everything open up and the difference is amazing. I compared this to my attempt of the same song a month or so ago and its alot better. It seems I come in flat and then correct sharp, at least that is what i think my autotune vst is showing when i just watch it. Thanks for the input I'll keep on with what i've been working on!

• Members

Hey, same here, there's a lot that can be worked on but I think in a positive kind of way. I really like the tone of your voice, I also think that this style of music suits your voice just perfectly! I guess it somewhat reminds of Kid Rock a little bit, I can totally picture you singing "All Sommer Long" :-D Anyway, keep up the work.

• Members

Thanks emaster, I really wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything really bad before I spend 6 months working on something and develop bad habits. Intervals are tough, but it seems the key to most of this is really being able to hit a pitch or note dead on first thing, sliding to the note no matter how fast I can do it just makes it sound meh and as Duke said beginerish and that would sum me up nicely, total noob!

• Members

I really wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything really bad before I spend 6 months working on something and develop bad habits.

well that's how it is unless you're a natural. u do {censored} all wrong, then u finally realize its wrong and u fix it. dont be afraid to do {censored} the wrong way because u'll find out soon enough you're doin it wrong.

Archived