who in here has the TC Helicon VoiceWorks? This is a thread about it...

samal50

• Members

seems like the voiceworks is not a "plug and play" kinda gear, you have to mess with it first. how do you determine which preset for vocals to use over your tracks? The presets all sound like there's too much "effect" in them making them sound robotic or mechanical. Is it just me? I've had this gear for a while but never really bothered studying it. I was expecting it to be something I could work with out of the box, without tweaking. do you actually have to play a keyboard/synth/midi connected to the voiceworks while singing to get good results with this? I read that the vocals will sound much soothing and in par with the notes/keys you're playing a keyboard in. Sounds complicated and ridiculous, don't you think? I'm just lazy...

• Members

I used to use my TC Vocal Quintet to augment my vox.

After a while I realized that I was hiding behind those unnatural harmonies due to a lack of confidence in my own vocal abilities. Once I accepted the limitations of my voice and learned to work with them and stay within myself I started recording some pretty good natural harmonies.

Sorry.......didn't mean to get off topic.:wave:

• Members

Voiceworks is for sound engineers.

So it's DEFINITELY not plug-and-play.

You need to be a hardcore tweaker

if you want to get the most out of it.

Unfortunately, you bought the wrong item.

If you're looking for "plug and play", why not get a TC Helicon Voicetone pedal?

They have:

Harmony-M (for keyboardists)

Harmony-G (for guitarists)

Create XT (for effects)

Correct XT (for EQ/compression/pitch correction/etc)

....and many others

You can find them all pedals here:

http://www.tc-helicon.com/products/

Archived