My bands first demo, opinions on my vocals???

Shaw2222

• Members

Hello everyone

Here is my bands first demo...

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/DanielShaw123/

I know I'm not a great singer, but I'm kind of hoping it suits the music. I've been told I have an original voice, but that can be good or bad I guess haha.

Would love to hear what you think (though try not to be too harsh, if you can help it haha)

Thank you all!

• Members

Anybody??? I would really love some opinions, and advice if you behold any
:)

Thanks.

sounds really good. i wish the singer had a lot more baritone balls for my tastes - he's a little high, but its good straight ahead rock. sort of like stone roses {censored}

• Members

Wow, thanks for your kind words my friend. I love the Stone Roses!!!

It's me singing, and I agree I can be on the higher side of the male voice range at times. Definitely in "so hard", but not so much in "Julie", I don't think so at least?

Thanks again sir!

• Members

Hello everyone

Here is my bands first demo...

I know I'm not a great singer, but I'm kind of hoping it suits the music. I've been told I have an original voice, but that can be good or bad I guess haha.

Would love to hear what you think (though try not to be too harsh, if you can help it haha)

Thank you all!

Listening to "So Hard"

I like your voice .... I get a Bob Dylan/David Byrne feel. It's unique enough and you should just run with it and continue to improve your performance skills so you sing like the best version of yourself .. if that makes sense.

The mix is live sounding and decent for a demo.

Voice certainly suits the music and have an original voice like you say so the balls in your court now. I think you can afford now to sing more aggressively with more "feel" and just do your thing. Don't know what else to say. There is some pitchiness here and there, but I'm trying to decide if it's a problem, or just a minor quirk that you can use to your favor.

• Members

Thank you for listening and replying my friend!

What do you mean exactly by that? And how would I go about incorporating it into my technique?

Thank you.

Kinda hard to explain since I don't really teach. I'm sure you could Google flatulate and it'll give you a better explanation. :idk:

• Members

Thanks again for the replies everyone! I'm delighted it's gone down pretty well.

And the Bob Dylan compliment is so cool, as I love Dylan. And I don't care what anyone says, I love his voice!

I will have a look on google and see what I can find about vibrato!

Thanks again!

Archived