Vocal Fry Screaming Pt 2

staticsound

• Members

Ok, so I posted awhile back about fry screaming...I don't do it much and wanted to know how to do it...GJaunz posted up a pretty helpful video, thanks dude. Anyways, I finally caved in to doing a Manson cover with my band, Beautiful People...which is pretty much just screaming, lol. So I think I got the fry thing figured out, I just want some input as to if it sounds convincing?....here's a snippet. Spanx!

http://picosong.com/BQe/

• Members

Cool! Yeah, the whole fry scream thing was new to me. Glad I somewhat got it figured out. The hard thing is getting the placement right. Sometimes it still seems to want to slip back into my throat. As with anything else, I guess the more I practice it, the easier it will get...

• Members

Trial and error man, I {censored}ed my voice up for a week trying to figure this out. Jaunzies vid was good as far as the sensation youre supposed to feel on an outward scream, but funny thing is, I went back to that Melissa Cross crap and it actually helped to get that sound as well.

Kinda hard to describe, but for me anyways, what helped was to take that vocal fry sound and place it in my mask so to speak. I got to where I could do what Cross does, which in reality is pretty quiet and unsatisfying and then add a ton of downward support to it to bring the volume up to my normal singing level. Don't know really how else to explain it?...I'm still working on it. My placement still gets screwy at times.

• Members

I got to where I could do what Cross does, which in reality is pretty quiet and unsatisfying and then add a ton of downward support to it to bring the volume up to my normal singing level. Don't know really how else to explain it?...I'm still working on it. My placement still gets screwy at times.

thats what screwed me up. mellisa cross kept saying "it's whisper-level" & I can do it at whisper level. But i'm sorry, the {censored} u hear on records is not "whisper level fry" it's at normal volume. i guess I should super support mode.

• Members

This is great! Really nice work man.

really tough thing to do well - many try, few succeed.

You, my friend, have succeeded!

Kudos!

Thanks! I appreciate it. I'm good for doing this maybe one song a set...I'd rather sing, but if the song calls for it, it's always nice to have in my bag of tricks, lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok, so I posted awhile back about fry screaming...I don't do it much and wanted to know how to do it...GJaunz posted up a pretty helpful video, thanks dude. Anyways, I finally caved in to doing a Manson cover with my band, Beautiful People...which is pretty much just screaming, lol. So I think I got the fry thing figured out, I just want some input as to if it sounds convincing?....here's a snippet. Spanx!

Dude, this IS epically badass man!

How the eff did you do this?

Do want! What video did you watch?

K, so I am trying to inward scream and I understand where he says it is located BUT I feel like I want to gag or throw up, F^CK!

Archived