Some exercises for hitting higher notes?

slushpup96

• Members
Practise your falsetto/head voice into sounding more like your normal voice. Then you can trick people into thinking you're actually born tenor.

:thu:

Actually, singing falsetto is a good way to strengthen your high notes. I let my voice just flip into falsetto and gradually work on making the bridge even. Then after a while I notice that I can sing in full voice/mix and head without being aware of which I am using. And to be honest, it doesn't really matter as long as it sounds OK.

• Members

^^ this. I found that practicing higher notes in falsetto and then gradually adding volume to them (messa di voce)...google it...help a lot with strengthening your head register. Once the placement is right and you can comfortably hit the note in falsetto, try swelling it into a full voice tone.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

do you regularly warm up before sing? all right im a bass so i cant hit more than a f4 as much, but i think that the secret in patient try to use more air support and try to go easy, star with a high note that you can sing, and then go up a semitone but easy don't hurt yourself, sorry fi you didnt understand im still learning enlgish lol

• Members

BTW, no one is born tenors... Were more like all born... toddlers/screamers

Tenor is just a way to describe how your voice resonate best and where you are comfortable to sing. Vocal cords don't vary much in size amongst men or women. It's the use that are very different.

Was at a family party this weekend and I'm convinced that when we're forced to shut up when we grow up, something is lost within our vocal capabilities. Cause those small children really can make loud sounds. I think I'll do a experiment with a db meter at the next family reunion....

• Members

Always start from a place that feels natural. For example, pretend that you are at a music concert or sport event and you are screaming Whohoo fairly high. If you can put yourself in that natural space and that feels comfortable, then do it again but this time slide down or up to a different notes to cover your register with that tone of voice. Hope that helps!

Archived