Good gig!

rodclement

• Members

Last week we had a so so gig, bad weather...slow crowd...tonight we played at a very nice Country Club and had to improvise since they moved us indoors due to rain...again...

We started very concerned since we play rock music and not the typical background music Tao be played indoors in a dining room...

Well we figured it out, downloaded some tabs and pulled off 3 great sets with no problems. We even learnt 5 new songs on the fly and made everyone happy! Very good feeling to pull out of the hat, specially a agent booked gig! They want us back, the agent is happy, and I am home happy with cash in my pocket :-) .

I'll tell you one thing, speech level singing is an art worth its weight in gold, if you can't sing at speech levels you are screwed in venues like this! The manager said we are the first band to play indoors all night, with no complaints, and with requests, etc. Good gear makes it possible, let the mic and pa do the work for you!

Rod

• Members

Woo Hoo!!

Congrats Rod, I'm really happy for ya. Also, WOW!, you learned 5 songs right there. Congrats on that feat too. It's great to know we've got some real life performance skills in the forum. How did you learn them so fast? di you have to sight read and play?

I tip the glass of wine I had earlier to you, may you get another gig at the country club.^_^. Here's to Table For 2. CHEERS!!

• Members

Thanks guys! I could make a living out of this (again) if I wanted to but my career is to far along and secure to go back to music. For now weekly gigs with the ocasional two a week is enough to keep the inner rock star under control! :)

JV, as long as you know the song structure and can get hands on some lyrics (technology is great with a tablet pc!), singing it is no huge challenge. Now if it's a song I have never heard before and have no idea of structure, transitions, moduation, etc. then it becomes more difficult, you will learn once you get into your new American band!

Rod

• Members

JV, as long as you know the song structure and can get hands on some lyrics (technology is great with a tablet pc!), singing it is no huge challenge. Now if it's a song I have never heard before and have no idea of structure, transitions, moduation, etc. then it becomes more difficult, you will learn once you get into your new American band!

Rod

I assumed you had never heard the song before but I agree, if you know the tune you can learn lyrics quite quickly. You probably already know them, if you know the tune, so you just have to pull them out of the depths of your mind.

• Members

Thanks guys...we play every week so we take a lot for granted but some of them stick in our minds...last nights gig was perfectly mediocre but OK...it was last minute so not a lot of our peeps showed up but we still played untill midnight.

Rod

Archived