Perfect by Pink - Elena House cover

RobertHouse

• Moderators

Nice. Good job, Elena! :wave:

It's good to hear something different from you. Some suggestions, I think you guys need to "dry up" the recording room treatment, it seems a bit awkward hearing a small room reverb coupled with a open-space video. lol

• Members

Hey guys!
:wave:

Been a while... Hurt my hand, editing software went kaput, summer camp and more kept delaying this recording.
One hundred degrees
on the Opera House roof during tape and I'm in a jacket...don't ask.
:facepalm:

Well, let me know what you think.

A for effort and I do like the passion in your movements as they tend to tell a story that you're passionate

about what you sing about and that's something that can't be taught! (The editing doesn't change that)

I find a few issues (easily fixed) via practicing more and knowing the song frontwards and back...

You're flat in almost every high note you hit and your voice slopes downward in an attempt to mask it.

I like your vibrato and your voice has a soft, pleasant tone.

Your voice will mature as you get older and it will change which is always a plus.

Keep it up.

I think we have exercises to help you increase your range which needs work when you hit the climax of the song.

Watching you play on the piano reaffirms my previous statement that passion and strong emotion are present

and are exerted whenever you sing/play. This I appreciate very much, more so than "singing" because

the technical aspects of singing can be taught. Love for something cannot! Awesome!

• Members

@JohnBenussi

Some people commented that I over-acted in the video but I thought more like you that this song needs emotion. Sure I recorded it in my "studio" but I was singing it just the same on the roof.

You mentioned some exercises to increase range. I am using some like "lip-drills" and scales saying Nee-hee-hee-hee...

Could you mention some you use? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Nice. Good job, Elena!
:wave:

It's good to hear something different from you. Some suggestions, I think you guys need to "dry up" the recording room treatment, it seems a bit awkward hearing a small room reverb coupled with a open-space video. lol

Hey Davie.

Just shared with Masklin about my new microphone. My "recording room" was done using our old camcorder and its built-in mic. Then I put it into the movie software and take away the video track (OK, Dad does it and I watch).

Well today we got a new mic called the Rode NT1-A with shockmount and popshield. We also got an Audio Recording box called the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6.

After we learn how to use this stuff I can't wait to hear the quality difference from my camcorder mic! :)

• Members

NT1A is not a favorite of mine. I have an NTK and a Sputnik and my friend uses an NT2A. Ebay has them at bargain prices from time to time. NT1A is several miles above a camcorder mic though :-) What are you using for tracking headphones ?

• Members

NT1A is not a favorite of mine. I have an NTK and a Sputnik and my friend uses an NT2A. Ebay has them at bargain prices from time to time. NT1A is several miles above a camcorder mic though :-) What are you using for tracking headphones ?

I got some Shure SRH240's for monitoring.

Dad and I are having some trouble using the 2 DAWs that came with the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. I'm gonna start a new thread with that question to attract more answers.

• Members

I got some Shure SRH240's for monitoring.

Dad and I are having some trouble using the 2 DAWs that came with the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6. I'm gonna start a new thread with that question to attract more answers.

Not familiar with these but they appear to be decent closed back isolating headphones. That will reduce headphone bleed into your mix. Good luck with your DAW research. Once you get the basics of USB connection/add track/arm track/record/mix you're pretty much on your way. It's a learning curve but there are lots of forums where you can post questions. Try and be as specific as you can with equipment details/settings/screen captures to assist in diagnosing any issues you might have.

Archived