Outdoor Metal Concert Tonight

MikeyParent

• Members

I am headed to an outdoor show tonight - pretty good lineup...

Protest the Hero (Metal band form Ontario)

[video=youtube;rhMfz4HrcEA]

Seether

[video=youtube;I7imqO-OBVk]

Coheed and Cambria

[video=youtube;abJYXY3mPjs]

Metallica

[video=youtube;WM8bTdBs-cw]

Wish the weather was gonna be better but hey, cant have everything I guess.

• Members

Neither is the sadly mis-named "Metallica". So it is really 1 Metal band, and three "other" bands.

Metallica only had two albums or so where they weren't really metal. And I called Protest the Hero metal with extreme reluctance. I may take that back even. Their punk and hardcore influences seem a bit too strong.

• Members

Metallica only had two albums or so where they weren't really metal. And I called Protest the Hero metal with extreme reluctance. I may take that back even. Their punk and hardcore influences seem a bit too strong.

I know. For me, anything Metallica released after 1990 isn't Metal.... I don't know what it is, but it certainly isn't Metal.

• Members

Coheed kicks ass...very good when I saw them. Throw a rock at Lars for me
:D

I've never seen Coheed. I have a lot of friends who are into them, but they tend to be more into the "metalcore" kind of bands.... and into stuff like "Emmure"? I'm just into all the "screaming" kinds of bands, although I ill admit to liking A7X, including their earlier stuff where M. Shadows was screaming.

Actually, Lars is the main reason I can't stand them.... not so much their music, although the last one I bought was "And Justice" when it came out.

I mean? How much of a stuck on yourself jerk can you be? Hetfield is the talent in that band.... but I often wonder how skilled Lars is at manipulating him, because James Hetfield definitely has had some major emotional issues. I think Lars just realized early on how to manipulate him on an emotional level. They should have kept Dave Mustaine, and kicked out Lars! LOL

• Members

Coheed is one of the few bands in that genre that I can tolerate. I haven't really listened to their new stuff...I got an album of theirs floating around somewhere about 8 years old...before they broke, killer {censored}. I never really liked the singers voice, but the guitars were insane...same with A7X, face melting guitar, but I'm not crazy about M. Shadows. I liked his sound on Waking The Fallen, but the albums after that he just sounds nasally and whiney.

Actually, Lars is the main reason I can't stand them.... not so much their music, although the last one I bought was "And Justice" when it came out. I mean? How much of a stuck on yourself jerk can you be? Hetfield is the talent in that band.... but I often wonder how skilled Lars is at manipulating him, because James Hetfield definitely has had some major emotional issues. I think Lars just realized early on how to manipulate him on an emotional level. They should have kept Dave Mustaine, and kicked out Lars! LOL

YES! Dude, Lars has gotta have some sort of mind control...or blackmail photos of Hetfield and Mustaine in compromising positions, lol. Seriously though, your right, I think Lars' true talent in the band is manipulating James. I mean how else does that dude still have a gig...I am by no means a drummer, but that dude is baaaaaaad!...and a douche

• Members

Neither is the sadly mis-named "Metallica". So it is really 1 Metal band, and three "other" bands.

OK now you're just being retarded... Metallica may not have invented metal, and they may have jumped the shark there for a while after the Black album but their early albums are pretty much the foundation of most modern metal...

• Members

I know. For me, anything Metallica released after 1990 isn't Metal.... I don't know what it is, but it certainly isn't Metal.

Death Magnetic is a bit formulaic but I thought it was a nice "return to their roots" kind of album... longer songs, lots of tempo changes, etc.

• Members

After all the {censored}-talking above I am not even sure if anyone is interested but its my thread, so there :-)

All acts turned in a great performance. Metallica put on an epic 2-hour show.

Setlist

Creeping Death

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Fuel

Ride the Lightning

Fade to Black

Cyanide

The Memory Remains

Sad But True

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

All Nightmare Long

One

Master of Puppets

Blackened

Nothing Else Matters

Enter Sandman

Encore:

Last Caress (Misfits cover)

Hit the Lights

Second Encore

Seek & Destroy

• Members

dude, metallica is gross. They're all wrinkly and got grey hair (if any hair at all). wtf?

they shoulda retired a long time ago. metallica is no longer about music and art. it's simply a soul-less capitalism machine now. get 'em off the {censored}in stage.

• Members

dude, metallica is gross. They're all wrinkly and got grey hair (if any hair at all). wtf?

they shoulda retired a long time ago. metallica is no longer about music and art. it's simply a soul-less capitalism machine now. get 'em off the {censored}in stage.

Regardless, I'll still take them over 90% of the talentless {censored}s who are touring out there. They sounded great... hey man its like doin a fat chick... just close your eyes...

• Members

Cool pictures! As an opening act it sucks to have to play onstage with all the headliner {censored} all there, set to go and you can't touch it! Like not being able to play with the big kid toys!

Rod

The Metallica stage crew was a small army of people it was pretty nuts. They started doing sound checks and it was like "Vocal 1", "Vocal 2", etc... all the way to like "Vocal 7" or something. I'm like "wtf"?

Turns out they place mics all over the stage so Hetfield can just step and sing at whatever one he is closest to. I had not seen that done before but it was pretty slick.

Archived