No cool microphones

Bajazz

• Members

Is it just me or are there anyone out there who wonder why drummeres, guitarists and bassist get to play with cool instruments? Microphones are all the same: Same shape and black or grey? Isn't that boring?

• Members

I'm thinking that, as long as you left the part where you sing into untouched, you could do just about anything you want to the main body of a microphone to make it look more interesting.

Back when I was starting out, I made a mic cradle out of a mannequin's hand I found at a thrift store. That was definitely an eye-catcher.

• Members

Is it just me or are there anyone out there who wonder why drummeres, guitarists and bassist get to play with cool instruments? Microphones are all the same: Same shape and black or grey? Isn't that boring?

I think some are preety good works of art, like them or not...the blue encore 300 series, the shure 55 series, the classic beauty of the regular, plain sm-58...many of the handheld condensers like the KSM series...etc...plus you can customize them plenty like many of the recording artists do with their wirelesshandhelds, etc.

Heil offers custom jobs on every mic they sell, and they are some of the best out there for the job of singing, all you need is cash...

Rod

• Members

there are plenty of cool looking mics out there with very ugly price tags.

Exactly!

Sennheiser 431.

Shure Beta 87 (I love Condensers.)

Beyer M88 Ribbon Mic

AND, If you really want to get funky looking, get a Sennheiser 441, which is what we always used in the studio.... so yo ucan get that Tom Petty/Stevie Nicks' mic..

Archived