3 songs from me - original ones

grace_slick

• Members

"Circle" sounds good. I can't hear the vocals, I think they should be louder. I like the style and presentation.

"Your Other Mind" sounds good. I think backup vocals would help, it's all lead vocals.

"The Rains Came Down" sounds good too. They all sound good. I don't hear any mistakes.

• Members

I'm commenting strictly as a listener, here, 'cause lord knows I don't have the vocal chops to offer any real advice. But here goes: You have a very pleasing voice, tone-wise, and your pitch is generally very good. However, I noticed that you have a tendency to "hunt" for certain notes, i.e., starting off below the target pitch and sliding up to it. This seems to happen at the beginning of a line, but also on the highest note of each line in "The Rains Came Down." As I said, I can't really offer any advice on how to deal with this; just point it out.

Overall, though, you're a great singer and very enjoyable to listen to. Oh, and I like the songs, too.

• Members

The Rain Comes Down is awesome! Love it! Kind of song I would have in my car while driving on a roadtrip.

Your Other Mind reminds me a lot of Wuthering Hights (SPeliing) with Andre Mattos from Angra singing it wich is a compliment to your tone. Not my kind of song but very good. Agree with others that some other voices would add immensly!

Circle is my favorite as a song but I am still waiting for that Grace breakout moment where you belt out and build the momento of the song, it's kinda like foreplay that does not go all the way! Bring your voice up in volume and add some new dinamic to your voice in some spots, love the song, you are in great form girl!

Rod

• Members

Wow, so you wrote/composed all these songs yourself? Very impressive! :)

I'm listening to Circles right now, and it's very beautiful and soothing. Love it. It reminds me of lazy, hazy summer days out by the lake or something.. heh.

Your Other Mind sounds nice. Love the guitar in it and your vocals in it sound especially dreamy and sweet in this one.

Really like The Rains Came Down. The melody is very interesting and comforting. I think this and Circles are my favorites of this bunch.

Great job with everything on these, including the singing! :thu:

• Members

Nice work, Grace. Your voice is as good as ever, and your songwriting is developing nicely. The Kate Bush influence is still apparent in Your Other Mind, but the other songs move away from that style somewhat.

My only complaint--and this is very much a matter of taste, not a criticism--is that your material is a little too mellow. Less Kate Bush, but more Karen Carpenter. I'm not sure that's a step forward! :rolleyes:

In any case, I'm impressed. :cool:

Archived