considerations in vocal performance or , how to judge a vocal performance

w,wert

• Members

1- passion and emotion

I dont mean singing a lot of loud long notes with a lot of curly-cues ,but more specifically using different inflections for certain passages ,mabe using blusey micro-tones ,like that .

2) pitch

Some singers I like do have a slight pitch problem but have the prowess to know the notes they have trouble with and get around them by using certain tricks . A few flat notes wont ruin it and I can overlook a few off notes if the song and execution of it are worth it .

3-phrasing

sing it the way it was wrote . If you dont like the way it was wrote dont do it,if you cant phrase it the way it was wrote dont do it .I can live with a little of this . Sometimes I even like it if it is really cool but this is snow july rare .

4--enunciation you cant sing consonants ,I rarely hear a singer singing an 'm' that I like .

5-overdoing and wang-jobs ,no thanks I want a rendition of the song ,some vocal tricks are nice when done in taste but no Mike Bolton or Marirah Carey .

• Members

to sing you need to fell the sound,love the music and of course have a good voice BTW mariah is one of the few singer who can sing anything
:D

you dont have to feel the sound ,you dont need to love the song ,you do need a voice . Carey to me is unlistenable because she does not sing the song but uses it as a vehicle to show off . She can sing,..let me rephrase she could sing but is devoid of taste .

She has been doing it awhile and may be the best at that type of thing ,more power to her ,a lot of people eat that {censored} up .

• Members

which leads me to point # 6) power

just raw power and pipes ,this does not impress me a lot because singing is not a sport .

I like to hear a singer who has got it all ,from 1- 5 of the points Ive stated and having this power is like a cherry on a sundae . I think Tom Jones is a good example . I think hes a great singer and using a lot of full blown notes is his style and thats just cool as {censored} . There are singers who dont have half the lungpower as him though that are better . There LOTS of people with big lungs that just suck .

• Members

1- passion and emotion

I dont mean singing a lot of loud long notes with a lot of curly-cues ,but more specifically using different inflections for certain passages ,mabe using blusey micro-tones ,like that .

2) pitch

Some singers I like do have a slight pitch problem but have the prowess to know the notes they have trouble with and get around them by using certain tricks . A few flat notes wont ruin it and I can overlook a few off notes if the song and execution of it are worth it .

3-phrasing

sing it the way it was wrote . If you dont like the way it was wrote dont do it,if you cant phrase it the way it was wrote dont do it .I can live with a little of this . Sometimes I even like it if it is really cool but this is snow july rare .

4--enunciation you cant sing consonants ,I rarely hear a singer singing an 'm' that I like .

5-overdoing and wang-jobs ,no thanks I want a rendition of the song ,some vocal tricks are nice when done in taste but no Mike Bolton or Marirah Carey .

6 - Thou shalt not post whilst under the influence of alcohol.

Archived