True Head Voice?

• Members

Any Tips Or Suggestions? Guyz only please

I've been looking at this clip from Singing Success About Finding HeadVoice.

[video=youtube;KWKwv7jXkVs]

I feel as if i'm in falsetto

Im planning on dedicating this week to finding how to get into headvoice without flipping into falsetto . I'll post a recording when I feel like im bout to quit LoL

• Members

yah i feel you guys.. its seems like every teacher has there own opinion on what head voice is..

Im just gonna leave it alone for now

Trying to match this exercise it seems like they are hitting a "B" below Male High C ... I cant help but to say it sounds like falsetto but the video is swearing up and down that its head voice ..

• Members

Brett Mannings "headvoice" is more of a slightly connected falsetto. If I wasn't sick, I'd post an example...{censored} it, I'll put one up tonight when I get off work. I'm am going to prove that there is such a thing as headvoice. Falsetto is a timbre of headvoice!!!! Sorry...end rant, lol

• Members

You should show them connecting, let everyone hear the difference. Some might argue that you just put more effort into the headvoice example.

Also, did you send me a virus? Not PC, I've got a cold too. ARGH!!

• Members

Very Nice Thanks for helping out static .. i notice a difference right away (Falsetto sounds more airy and Head Voice it seems gives you gain alot more control)

So what I got from that is .. adding volume is going to pull you more into head voice then into falsetto

Because im Wondering can you still sing that same note in head voice if you weren't using as much volume?

ps. nice vibrato

• Members

Dammit Vardon!...now you made me go do another clip, lol. Ok, this is an A4 falsetto swell. Once again, I'm sick and this is the best your gonna get right now!

@James - Don't think of headvoice as "louder", it's just that it's connected whereas falsetto is more of a disconnect...light, airy, flute like. A properly trained head voice has more overtones and resonance, like your chest voice. That headvoice clip was louder than the falsetto clip, but it wasn't as loud as you think...it just sounds that way because it's full voice. Here's another one, A4 falsetto swelling into headvoice. Try this one...swelling from falsetto is a good way to get into a good headvoice placement

http://picosong.com/gAk/

• Members

Nope not yet, haven't gotten my interface yet. None to be found. Closest thing so far are mixers and I cannot buy a whole mixer just to record with my one mic. *Shoutout to Rod, Thanks*

It'll be my old mic.....*thinking*.......actually, I could use my new mic instead of my old mic with the same connection, just whenever I did that with the fake one I got a mono signal and I always assumed it was the connection not the mic.

• Members

uhhh, I knew that. I was testing you.lol. Didn't.

It's just that I got a stereo sound from my 1st mic using my configuration. I set it to input to 2 tracks, and I set one as left and one as right. My fake mic didn't work with that config, stayed mono. I'll try it with the real one and see how it goes.

BTW, the Icicle looks like a good buy. I'd feel fine asking one of my siblings to send one, then I'll get a proper interface once I hit US soil.

Archived