R.I.P. DukeOfBoom

Chester_Hoss

• Members

May the words of the immortal Sophocles and GG Allin appraise your solemn epitaph:

"As the wave-lashed cape that faces north in the wintertime,

The din of the winds on every side, the din of the mischiefs encompass him utterly,

Like the breaking crests of the waves forever,

Some from the setting sun, some from his rising,

And some from the place of his midday beams,

And some from the northern mountains of night"

[video=youtube;4_nWRVCNwg4]

x4p3qc.jpg

• Members

:deadhorse: Not cool, man, not cool. :cop:

I know that Duke can be difficult at times--and I do not like his tendency to belittle gays--but I don't think it's necessary to post this kind of stuff.

I'm not against off-topic posting (I've been in a few shoot-outs about gun control on the guitar forums), but this kind of personal sniping really diminishes the community. Good people will leave, and we'll all lose.

Moreover, people will start thinking that you're another weissey alias. :idk:

• Members

What's with Duke ? Why the R.I.P. ?? Sorry, I'm a bit lost since I haven't been active cause some members were acting like children, and I'm not talking about the average 5 year old, I'm talking the annoying ones. I hope the singers forum will go back to discussions about SINGING, even if it's about the same old things over and over again.

• Members

JerseyJack: don't become JerseyJackoff, this thread was well-deserved. It was very supportive to me during my trying times whilst banned.

Well, I've been called worse! My apologies to Chester_Hoss, then. I must have missed the Duke is banned memo--I had no idea.

This place it gettin' crazy.

• Members

I'm BACK!!!!

A certain moderator has made it his self-appointed duty to ban me at his whim whenever things aren't going so well at home for him.

You cannot keep a good man down, however!!!!!!!!!

Actually, you were asked to stay out of the HC Songwriting Forum because you insisted on trolling for arguments, acting in an insulting manner, demeaning others, posting off-topic, and baiting other forum members -- people who, unlike you, actually contribute something of value to the forum.

I (the 'certain moderator' in question, I believe) did not want to exclude you from the forum. In fact, I explained to you a number of times, that the Songwriting Forum is an on-topic-only, work-oriented forum with an emphasis on collegiality. As you well know, I warned you in several PMs.

But, after your continuing bad behavior resulted in you being asked to leave, and you insisted on posting there anyway, you got a one day ban. If you post there again without advance permission, the penalty will increase. As I said in one of my last PMs to you, if you want to return, that's possible, but you will first have to convince me that you now understand why the rules in that forum are set up as they are and that you will be able to fit in with the existing forum culture as well as treat other forum members and posters with respect.

I don't mind you talking behind my back. But get it straight.

• Members

And you know why you're not welcome there at this time and what the conditions are if you want to return.

Now, if you want to talk to me, feel free to PM me. If you want to talk about me, go ahead. But keep in mind, that when I see people say things that aren't true or that don't tell the whole story, I'm not going to remain silent. I believe that is fair.

• Members

Glad you're back Duke. Hopefully your new lease on life in the singing section will be full of many useful threads and posts about singing and not so many about other, unrelated things, eh?

And for what it’s worth, Blue is a great and lovely person and an excellent moderator at the songwriting section.

• Members

Well, ACTUALLY if you knew me, you would be aware that I do NOT think everyone is a great and lovely person. I am a rude, surly and cynical being in real life and think approximately 99.95% of the population are vapid morons that roam blindly and stupidly around, crashing into the very few decent people and making their lives more difficult and unpleasant than necessary.

Archived