No announcement yet.

A 2+octave song

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 2+octave song

Again following the notion of our friend SLM (after one cover who is now foolling him self to high bugery and pretending to be a song writter) have a little talk show first to get people to review my singing

This is an excellent song imho. If you look at the sheet music hear which is not very good or accurate at all, then you will see this song ranges from B2 -C#5. Well I have to say I have not found a song that comes anywhere near that range yet and if you look at the Wikipedia voice types https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_type according to that then only a tenor could possibly sing that song. Well considering most real singer don't build there voices and expand there range and given the fact that 99.9% of singers are BS anyway then who the hell going to sing this song, certainly not the parts on open Mic and busking on the streets as I mentioned before that is for sure!

Can't upload the score. Sure won't allow it!

https://ebayphotos.webs.com/Counting...rs%20selfy.wav

The score
    Attached Files

Comment

Very breathy in the high part. makes it sound weak.

I have a question, when you record what are you listening to ?
      Last edited by CosmicDolphin; 03-10-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicDolphin View Post
        Very breathy in the high part. makes it sound weak.

I have a question, when you record what are you listening to ?
        Thanks, I will try the "eye yie a eye yie" part again in a more of a mixed tone register then a fesetto/ breathy tone and post back. PS upper notes on chorus too

I don't listen to anything when I record, this is very basic recording from my 9.99 asda phone. All I have is my hand written scores

Comment

Originally posted by New2 View Post
          I don't listen to anything when I record, this is very basic recording from my 9.99 asda phone. All I have is my hand written scores
          Don't you have the backing track playing in your headphones or something

Comment

CD I have just had a listen to my track and it dose not appear to be breathy to me
            well the only place it seems breathy is on the upper chorus inbetween phrases where I take a quick breath. But I can not hear it in the singing!

I did another one last night but it seems fairly pointless uploading it now if they are the same but hear it is anyway

https://ebayphotos.webs.com/Counting...20take%202.wav

Comment

Originally posted by CosmicDolphin View Post

Don't you have the backing track playing in your headphones or something
              Nope!

Comment

Nope!
                Maybe that's part the reason why you are struggling with pitch as you have no reference, have you tried recording it along to the backing track. Just listen with it in one ear whilst you sing it instead of acapella.

Comment

I know pitch and rhythm is much more challenging as you only have muscular memory to go off and no musical instruments to guide you. But walsy mdilder seams to do a lot of acapella and sound ok, but dose a lot of BS too so who knows what he's really up to when he recording himself folling himself (FHS)

I had a couple of auctions for church chours. One guy tested me on 3 note major and minor scales from his piano and said I have a good ear and can match the notes well but my sight reading/ singing was not good enough. The other person gave me some really hard pitch tests on his piano, exercises that I never knew existed and he said not bad (but not great iver)

My old teacher Ben could spot the difference between an G# and an A natural. But he said I am not pitch perfect I can not wake up in the morning and do it with out a reference key, I only do it he said by hearing a melody of a song. There is no way I could identify a note by a semi tone like that, I could get it right to within say 2-3 tones though

and plus I do a lot of this recording last thing at night after I have done all exercises and any song singing so my vocals are quite tired and in need of rest. and after a drink too LOL. So it becomes much more tyesome holding the muscles and concentrating and everything ells.
                  but I guess it challenges the weakest points and now we can now take a leaf out of walsey mdilders book and the benefits of singing whilst dehydrated rekindle any memories SLM
                  Last edited by New2; 03-12-2019, 09:01 PM.

Comment

No wonder you always sound drunk then lol
                    Last edited by CosmicDolphin; 03-14-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I used to post on a forum with a user name of *late night beer rant* until I got banned though

Comment

I used to post on a forum with a user name of *late night beer rant* until I got banned though
                        Try doing it sober

Comment

Working...
                        X