What If This Is All The Love You Ever Get - Cover

CosmicDolphin

• Members

I figured you can't really critique others without putting yourself out there as well so here is my practice version of this Snow Patrol song , done in one entire take ( no comping ) and certainly no tuning involved, just a little compression on the way in and a touch of reverb.

There are mistakes in it but it was to see if I could do it all in one go rather than recording it multiple times and editing something together.

• Moderators

Lol. This is an amazing song and it's the one I wanted to sing , if you you think it's not advanced enough whatever that means or too slow then why don't you let us hear your version?

It's a nice song and cover. Haven't listened to anything from Snow Patrol for a long time. I'm actually kinda surprised how simple and sparse is the arrangement.

I don't necessarily think a faster tempo song is "more advanced". Slower tempo songs actually have their own challenges.

• 4 months later...
  • Members
What did you need coaching on? is that a wet recording?

Went over it with singing teacher. She said the old version needed work on my enunciation , she couldn't tell what some of the words were meant to be, also the falsetto parts were not strong enough and in the chorus parts I should try not to hold it back so much , a bit more cry in the sound and do it stronger.

• Members
I mean I don't even think we are on the same wave length as to what falsetto mean; well its a breathy tone where air passes around the vocal chords and not so much though them

Clearly not on the same wavelength , I will go along with what my singing teacher said that the two lines in question are falsetto. It's certainly a very different co-ordination and that's how it feels to me as well.

The lines are in the pre-chorus " So you've fallen in Love - So you've fallen apart "

Maybe some others can chime in as to whether they think it's falsetto. There is a good live version here by the original artist Snow Patrol

LIsten @ 1.03

Archived