No announcement yet.

Symphony X - Inferno (Unleash the Fire)

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CosmicDolphin View Post

You could do a duet, and then he could deliver a lecture on some new vocal technique he made up / discovered.. you could title it..

SLM Vs The Vocal Terrorist ..Opinion..or Fact..You Decide
    Yes we could do an open mic night together, he could dream up a little storry on his new invension on vocal techniques and I could make a song and dance about it, it will all be a load of old BS as ever, but know one will know as we will only be performing in frount of muppit musicians anyway who will probably be fasanated and belive every word we say. I guess it could make up for all the pain and suffering I have caused them in the past though my increadable acts on stage

Stage name, I want something poppy cartoon type, like when homer simpson called him self max power

You can still use your proper mic/mixer to record into a DAW though..not sure what option there are in Audacity but basically import the backing MP3 into the DAW and have that on one track , and the same connection should work for your mic/mixer setup and recorded into Audacity. You will probably need to change the input withing Audacity to record from the Line-In of your little Behringer.

You should also be able to connect your headpohnes to it so you can hear the backing track coming from Audacity and also your vocals as you record.
    So as not to trash "the great Felipes" thread
    what equpment did you use to reocrd all that? (as it being a video)

Comment

No electric ?? Where are you doing it..Electric is a bit of a must really for this stuff.

Comment

No electric ?? Where are you doing it..Electric is a bit of a must really for this stuff.
        Rehearsing in an abandoned railway hut
        But I though with all the gigs you have done there must of been plenty outdoor based in open fields type that no electricity was the norm, so you may of know different ways to supply it that was all

Anyway I bough a light a 1500lm light bulb today and tried to see if I could get any better indoor result by placing the light ontop of me
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by New2 View Post
          Rehearsing in an abandoned railway hut
          But I though with all the gigs you have done there must of been plenty outdoor based in open fields type that no electricity was the norm, so you may of know different ways to supply it that was all
          We did some outdoor festivals and they had big massive generators

Comment

Also. Why not rotate your backdrop 90 degrees as we won't be seeing down to the floor, That would mean you can do your two shots from the side without running out of backdrop in the shot.

Comment

We did some outdoor festivals and they had big massive generators
              obviously you have not been doing any small time jobs for the type of muppit musicians I mentioned above. Could not afford it really could they, these pagan festivals where they camp out on a farmers field and only 100 show up, not worth it!

But I get the impression that there are not so many muppit sound engineers as muppit musicians (lucky you LOL)

Comment

Also. Why not rotate your backdrop 90 degrees as we won't be seeing down to the floor, That would mean you can do your two shots from the side without running out of backdrop in the shot.
                Might be worth a shot, but I need to figure out a way I will hang the cloth from the walls first

I did 2 shots/ songs today, camera straight on, and looking back at them I really do feel that this video is coming together. Did not have to change any dials on the mixer for these 2 different songs, the settings seamed to work the same for all 3 songs I have done on it now

Just got to get the speakers now. Went into Dawson and they said for the kind of venue pubs and clubs I will be doing about 500 watt output for a speaker(s) should be enough (presume that's peak wattage)

They had a set of Yamaha stagepas 400BT and 600BT and an Alto TX212. Not a lot to choice from really is it; and to be honest I don't think they knew there asses from there elbows in that shop too! Think I will go second hand as if I have to upgrade later I can sell the speakers and not loose half my money

Comment

But I get the impression that there are not so many muppit sound engineers as muppit musicians (lucky you LOL)
                  No probably a lot lot less. They don't tend to like the spotlight.

Comment

Think I will go second hand as if I have to upgrade later I can sell the speakers and not looe half my money
                    Yes that's probably a wise option, some venues do have their own PA's as well

Comment

Working...
                    X