Critique my voice, please?

Eleanormal

• Members

Have a passion for musical theater, but persistent health issues have kept me from trying to get involved for a long time. I still practice and sing at home for fun. Sometimes I record while I do, just to monitor. This clip is from one such occasion.

The required accent for the song (it’s from My Fair Lady) is bad, I know that much already, haha. Barely existent at best and atrocious at worst, really rusty.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to listen.

https://instaud.io/private/d3bb87e70...19bd8c56ed5c86

disregard me playfully talking to my cat at the end, and then to my roommate who got home early.

Here is an additional clip (Disney) https://youtu.be/qEOg3-F6F30

Spliced with a video of my weirdo cat.

My recording equipment is poor, sorry about that.

• Members

Technically, sounds good to my layman's ears. Good pitch, pitch control, cadence and agility.

For style, you may need a connoisseur to make a call.

I do think the piano is too forward in the mix. I would have liked to hear you open out a touch with vibrato, just to exaggerate the sense of "abandon". Also would have liked to hear you sing the next four words.

(I'm not sure about the vocal fry effect at the end of "he can be". It seemed out of place to me.)

• Members
Technically, sounds good to my layman's ears. Good pitch, pitch control, cadence and agility.

For style, you may need a connoisseur to make a call.

I do think the piano is too forward in the mix. I would have liked to hear you open out a touch with vibrato, just to exaggerate the sense of "abandon". Also would have liked to hear you sing the next four words.

(I'm not sure about the vocal fry effect at the end of "he can be". It seemed out of place to me.)

Thanks so much for your detailed feedback. The vocal fry was totally unintentional. The air has been really dry around here, lately. I should be more mindful of that in the future.

• Members
sounds ok! did you do the piano

You have any more recordings to upload?

No, I used some piano instrumentals I found on YouTube. I would like to learn someday, though, just for personal enrichment.

i usually erase after I record, but I have this other clip (added to my original post)

• 3 months later...

Archived