Stabilizing the ee vowel

kickingtone

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

vibrato should just happen naturally if everything is working properly . I wouldn't use the word "stabilize" because it gives u mental imagery of staionary static , when in reality it's a vibration, an oscillation and it s never "stable"

• Members

The fade effect is something I practice, and is intended. I use a trace of falsetto to do it when I want.

That's a style choice, and I know that there is little point arguing about it, particularly with people who like loud and belty. They don't get it, just as I don't get belts, shrieks and whoops. They waste their time trying to tell me how to get it more belty or shrieky!

What I was concerned about was..

1. The type of change in registration on "of trouble". It's deliberate, but sometimes it can cause pitch ambiguity. Pitch ambiguity is something that goes away after a few listens, so you need fresh ears to know if it was really there. You have to listen again after a long break, or ask someone else.

2. The "be" in the fifth "let it be". I'm hearing a bad onset on the "e". The other be's seem ok to my ears.

3. The onset of the e in the final "let".

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It sounds all over the place on the "be" every time. It almost sounds like when you auto tune something badly and the software can't decide which pitch to land on. I'm not saying that's what is happening here but the effect of the pitch wobbling around is similar.

From memory at the end of each chorus it only has only two notes except for the octave jump near the end.

As for the overall sound , it seems very squeezed and rather stuck in the throat. Quite pitchy and some of the notes are just wrong. Maybe it's just too high for you but it sounded worse to me than others you've posted

Archived