The secret importance of playing harmonica as a singer.

Life888

• Members

Especially if you like singing more blues/rock style stuff. I say this but for a reason that is not so apparent on the surface.

One issue you might have if like to sing a LOT!----is that you sing too MUCH!----:)

ok, you can't ever sing too much, if you are singing with good technique, but you still need to just let your vocal cords have a rest at regular intervals. singing is like lifting weights. you are using MUSCLES ultimately...so we need to remember that.

and muscles need time to regenerate after you break the fibres.

having a harmonica always near you, and not a cheap one, but a good one (that you can actually play with real feeling and expression and be able to use all the extra notes)----

will give you that perfect way to rest your vocal cords intermittently yet still be able to "sing".

so that is the secret importance of always having a harmonica near you. and also, you will get way better at playing it. but i would almost say that is less important than not over-using your voice.

*as an aside, i guess playing harmonica uses muscles also, except its more your "embouchure" and the muscles in your FACE.....and mouth. but breathing is important for playing harmonica also, so it will help you with breathing for singing too

Archived